what is your favorite sprocket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Verrt said:
Sprockets.jpg
They are Nice ! mach very well the Felt brick's tire tread patern
2012_Felt_QuickBrick_Brown_SM.jpg

I like the third one down of the checkered brick designs, but I LOVE this latest RRB design!!!! That is killer!!!!

barnbikes said:
Would probably need to put something in the side gaps for strength. 2 smaller ?'s maybe.
maybe , on my drawing , the black parts are just painted , so allot more material would hold the thing , the paint is just to make the ( ? ) be more defined . could be etched and the rest polished and do the same

really dig those 2 last ones from Vert to8)

barnbikes said:
Would probably need to put something in the side gaps for strength. 2 smaller ?'s maybe.

Maybe do 3 question marks coming out from the same circle in the center. If you come up with a good question mark sprocket that I can afford, I will build a riddler themed bike around it just because

ozzmonaut said:
Maybe do 3 question marks coming out from the same circle in the center. If you come up with a good question mark sprocket that I can afford, I will build a riddler themed bike around it just because

When I think of the "Riddler" I think of the tv show.

The bottom one is getting close. I'm thinking along the lines of the "?"s being almost the entire sprocket. As if they were the positive space and the area around them was the negative space.

That's what I mean! Another question. Skiptooth sprockets are generally a bit thicker than standard ones. Cutting off every other tooth on a standard works but can apparently cause premature wear of the chain and sprocket because of the link clearances. Can you make sprockets in different thicknesses? Also because the material is so thin where the body of the question mark attaches to the dot, would such a sprocket be able to take hard pedaling? It might be better to connect the area between each question mark the way you did in the area where the hole for the drive pin is. Also I may try to pm you a pic of a sprocket I'd be interested in having made. Depends on my drawing skills.

Can you make sprockets in different thicknesses? Also because the material is so thin where the body of the question mark attaches to the dot, would such a sprocket be able to take hard pedaling? It might be better to connect the area between each question mark the way you did in the area where the hole for the drive pin is.

I have some .120" steel available.

The couple sprockets I have cut are out of 12ga. (.105") most of the original sprockets I have measured are all between .108" - .114".

I would probably add 2 more ? marks to the sprocket or a circular web between the 3.

Latest posts

Back