what is your favorite sprocket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a note that something was waiting for me at the post office this morning!
Look what I got!

10918593025_d8ce44a411_z.jpg

Here it is next to a 42 tooth bmx:

10918728964_27fe4fd64c_z.jpg

A little filing to give the teeth a slight leading taper and it is ready to go! Also in the package were some other items I asked him to make for a new project, keeping them a secret for the moment though! :wink:
If anyone is considering getting Barnbikes to make something, go for it! He is great to work with, his prices are good and it came so well packaged nothing could have damaged it!

Thanks Jon!

Luke.

deorman said:
How close is that going to be to the chainstay :? ?
:lol: I think it would end up half way through an unmodified chainstay, I will do my usual trick and get out the grinder and welder... :wink:

Luke.

jayblok said:
Beautiful chainring @LukeTheJoker :)
And i thought a 65T chainring was big.....
It is beautiful, but it is not my work, Barnbikes Jon is the man! 8)
The beauty of the 70 tooth is that if I wanted to every second tooth could go bye-bye and I would have the most awesome skiptooth sprocket! :mrgreen:

Luke.

why not make a 2piece sprocket like modern bikes but for 1piece cranks ? a star shape that can fit many sprocket ring
sproket_zpse5ffc31c.jpg

OneHorsePower said:
why not make a 2piece sprocket like modern bikes but for 1piece cranks ? a star shape that can fit many sprocket ring

I actually drew one up on saturday. My biggest concern is keeping the sprockets in line. .125" would probably not make a big deal.

Jon

barnbikes said:
OneHorsePower said:

I actually drew one up on saturday. My biggest concern is keeping the sprockets in line. .125" would probably not make a big deal.

Jon
most onepiececrank sproket are offset i beleave
Thanks for the link Luke

I would just use standard chainring screws/bolts whatever they call them. The outer has a sleeve with a groove on it and the inner fits inside with a hex/allen head... Available in black, polished or anodized in any color you want, would look awesome with a black chainring and gold anodized bolts!

Either that or stainless acorn nuts, but they may stick out too far, look awesome though!

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
I would just use standard chainring screws/bolts whatever they call them. The outer has a sleeve with a groove on it and the inner fits inside with a hex/allen head... Available in black, polished or anodized in any color you want, would look awesome with a black chainring and gold anodized bolts!

Either that or stainless acorn nuts, but they may stick out too far, look awesome though!

Luke.
commonly called $ E >< bolts :wink: (male/female parts) both sides have identical heads
31O9PG%2BtKKL.jpg

barnbikes said:
Verrt said:
Mind if I draw some sprockets for fun?
You can use any ideas that take your fancy.

I would love to see your drawings.

Ok, so apparently coming up with cool ideas for sprockets that actually look good on the page is way harder than I thought it would be.
Here's a couple that I did, but I'm not really that impressed with how they turned out.
If I come up with anything awesome, I'll post it.

Sprockets.jpg

Latest posts

Back