Walmart FatBikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
Maybe yall should sell Girl Scout cookies. :lol:

I get to keep a higher percentage of my sales when selling junk from the garage. Girl Scout troops only get 10% of their troop's sales.

I've been wanting a fat bike. I may have to sell some stuffs as well. To bad I've been trying to save $ for Corvair parts, I need to get a differential and do a clutch in my van eventually if I want to keep it going.

I can hardly wait to see you guys do a review on these. I'll probably wait to buy one a couple of years when the second hand ones start showing up for sale in garage sales for $25.00. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
But wait...you could have bought this one...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bik/3700005894.html

That's an awful lot of packing up little boxes and shipping stuff all over the US... :shock:

For those who, like me, didn't know. Somehow either this is normal now or the price of the bike made it happen, but the bike is eligible for free home shipping. As an added bonus, the delivery date to my house is a day earlier than the delivery to store date, so I'm winning!

wait...different colors, fat tires and steel? Dang! Now I gotta sell something again! :roll:

I'm anxious to know more about the rims so if you guys that are buying wouldn't mind posting a little information it would be really appreciated. Specifically, robust enough for a motorized bike?

I want to see how the rear triangle is constructed. Some of those early fat bikes had some weird contortions to get a chain line. I hope the wheel and frame geometry of these walmart bikes is close enough to these new aftermarket frames so the parts can be swapped as they are. But if not the price for the parts is still good, and will be great for custom projects. choppersus can probably supply wide hubs if these bikes don't come with them. I'm tempted to order one for the parts, even if they do need tweaking.

OK. . . . money is not an issue. Why do I want one of these bikes? Really ,for me . . . . I don't get it??

petesponies said:
OK. . . . money is not an issue. Why do I want one of these bikes? Really ,for me . . . . I don't get it??

You either want one to goof around on, riding off road or at the beach or you want the wheel set for something like this...

ruff1.jpg

Back