Walmart FatBikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Break out your belt sander and start sanding spiders!
Turn them into slicks!

That's what I'm thinking!
I'd probably get it sandblasted and clear powdercoated though. :mrgreen:

I know it's gonna be low end quality on the components, but I'm not caring, ya know? I ain't pretending it's more than that. Not all bikes need to be 'serious' ya know? I mean look at it! Serious is the LAST thing that comes to my mind! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kingfish254 said:
Dr. Tankenstein said:
me....want....green! Then Hulk can smash! with little green arms :mrgreen:

0003867525188_AV_500X500_zps8767d67a.jpg

Seriously, I'm buying one...looks like the color on the rim changes with the color of the bike = STICKER!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Tank, you need to bring that to Savannah and go for a ride with Fugsley.

dragnusa said:
Wouldnt mind getting one but dont see spending 200 for something I just want the tires and rims off of

Until you priced those wheels and tires.

It would definitely have to be one of two scenarios....you want a cheap fat tire bike or you have a frame set ready for 4" wide rims and tires.

26x4" hoops alone are 90 bucks each at Cycles US. Walmart regularly put bikes on sale but don't know how long after a new one comes out that it happens. They also end up on CL. Just a waiting game.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
That's what I'm thinking!
I'd probably get it sandblasted and clear powdercoated though. :mrgreen:

I know it's gonna be low end quality on the components, but I'm not caring, ya know? I ain't pretending it's more than that. Not all bikes need to be 'serious' ya know? I mean look at it! Serious is the LAST thing that comes to my mind! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave it green, but paint the rims orange, put some apes on it and you have a Sand Fink.

I'm kinda thinking about popping for one of these.
Tomorrow I should be selling one of my $43 retired flipper bikes for close to $300.
Looks like a cool thing to spend free money on. :mrgreen:

One of these may follow me home. :mrgreen:
Kenny

Aren't those spyder tires made by Innova? The tires on the OCC choppers were Innova weren't they? (if not OCC, then another Walmart bike I've gotten my hands on)

Regardless, I'm actually going to try and sell some stuff to get one of these, not for just the F&F or just the wheels, but to have another fun single speed. I'm excited. Looks like I will change bars, seatpost, saddle, and maybe crankset right off the bat. Ordering site to store, even if they are in stock, is your best option since YOU will be the one assembling it and you can actually take it further apart first to put grease on the bearings.

Holy cow! Say what you will about Walmart, but they've definitely been getting some cool stuff into the hands of the masses. My Build-Off thoughts have once again changed directions...

I wonder if it has a wide rear hub or whether the frame contorts to fit a standard hub? The frame is aluminum right?

it looks like its SUN made. Could be the twin to my Spyder AT that cost 700. Only difference is mine has a 2 speed kicker. If I had seen this thread, I wouldn't have bought mine. The bars are comfy. The bike is fine. I ordered a set of Avid BB7 disc brakes for the front. Its coaster is fine on flat, but get it rolling down a muddy trail, it needs a front brake. I say go for it, most of yall will 10 speed it. I love mine, I got tons of compliments on the bike trails last Sunday. And,really, Im happy with the cost I paid. Love that 2 speed.

I just placed an order for the St. Patrick's Day Slime Green one.
I knew there was a reason that I picked up this seat during the Electra sale
ERIN GO FAT

IMG_1591.jpg

ErinGoFat0003867525188_AV_500X500_zps8767d67a.jpg

Voyager Al said:
it doesn't look like they have the studs to mount the disk and caliper on the fork??? Mine has brackets and studs.. You will love it.

The Sun frame has a little more curve and style to it too. But for $200, I'm not complaining.

Maybe I could spread and extend the rear of my Rusty Screamer and use that fork and have a Screamer Sand Bike. :shock:

Latest posts

Back