Video Game Release day rant-GT5-COMING NOVEMBER 24th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Gran turismo 5. Last Delayed December of 2009. Announced July(?) 2005. Demo released 2008(gran turismo prologue).
Final release notice-November 2nd...2010.

So I went to walmart at midnight yesterday, only to find out it was delayed. I watched the store man dig through boxes looking for the game. He had the information to sell it that day. He found out when we all looked it up online. The target ads even said the release was today!

Boy...that was one sad drive home.

5 years ive been waiting for the greatest driving simulator ever.

Includes all of the things gran turismo has never seen before

Night Driving
Damage
Dynamic Weather
Interior View

http://Gran-turismo.com

Go look, and you will understand

Re: Video Game Release day rant-GT5

i was addicted to the first 3 (a-spec), friends used to think i was terminally ill i played so long, i understand Dingo. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was like that with 4. I was about...11? 13? When 3 came out...didnt appreciate it as much.

Its supposed to come out in about one month exactly.

aspec was kind of a let down for me compared to 2, i really dug all the little same limited races, like categories of cars and the individual make/model specific races. i never finished aspec ... and never bought a ps3 either :shock:

im pretty sure if i had a ps3, all i would need is red dead redemption, GT5, and whatever the newest Tekken game is ... im pretty sure i could be happy for a long time with just those.

Red Dead is FUN. I killed my friends disc though, My XBOX burned a ring into it.

I never played one or two. 4 compared to 3 was amazing. 4 Had the used cars, which were rediculous, but awesome.

TheFlyingDingo said:
... 4 Had the used cars, which were rediculous, but awesome.

always started with a used supra :lol:

Red Dead Revolver was my last addiction ... not meaning to brag but i was unstoppable in the multi player ... when my ps2 died i never replaced it, bein a fairly new dad and playstationless ... red dead redemption ALMOST made me sneak out of the house to buy a ps3 at midnight but the boss said no before i never asked if i could :roll: ... someday i will get to enjoy video games again though.

PS3 got cheap!

maybe it might be worth it going out on black friday to get one?

I took my money from my gran turismo 3 account and bought something fast...cant remember what...I always bought the used cars to add to my "Collection"

if you are a car guy the GT series is the best car came of all time. sorry GT4 was sick i wish my memory card did not get lost when i moved. as for want to start with i personally used the subaru sti and it went an amazingly long way through the game. and was stupid fast in the drag racing i was on a forum for awhile where they would hold comps with different cars in the drag racing and i was in the top five with the suby. i dont have a ps3 yet i was waiting for GT5 to come out it is the only reason i would buy one. i dont have the attention span for other games

If you have an Xbox 360-Forza Motorsport is great-but dont bother playing online...Its Purely children.

There was a guy on the playstation forum that bought a playstation around the original release date of Gt5. He said he never touched his playstation since that date, And regrets buying it seeing as Gt5 might never come out :lol:.

I read into something-basiclly just looked at rumor forums. Its a good rumor that the new release is before december 7th-November 30th. Its a tuesday after black friday-and the game is already in production anyway.
Proof of production:
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5- ... -we-speak/
This was a couple of days ago

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Gran ... p/46360306
Heres the rumor thread
Theres also a bunch more"Its coming before christmas threads" which are spot on.

Heres a small preview of weather-Something never done before in the GT series.
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gallery/d5313n2.html

Yes, Its been done in project gotham racing 4, but im sure Polyphony perfected it. I loved driving the delorean down the brooklyn bridge, at 88 miles per hour, in a lightning storm.

I was addicted to the old Need For Speed games (High Stakes, 3-Hot Pursuit, Hot Pursuit 2, Porsche Unleashed)... good times.

RELEASE DATE RUMOR-ACATED....FIRM RUMOR-ALMOST CONFIRMED FOR NOVEMBER 27th.
SO MUCH STUFF HAS BEEN RELEASED

GAMEPLAY
INTRO
TROPHIES
TRACKS

I too was addicted to the first 4 of them, I'd build up every car on the game just for fun. and on Autumn Ring race coarse my Mazda would kill your viper.....lol. I'm also addicted to Grand Theft Auto.

outskirtscustoms said:
I too was addicted to the first 4 of them, I'd build up every car on the game just for fun. and on Autumn Ring race coarse my Mazda would kill your viper.....lol. I'm also addicted to Grand Theft Auto.
I had a Buick Special that did about 250? If I remember correctly. Couldnt do anything in the turns, but blew everybody away in the straights.
GTA was awesome, until i beat it...and did just about every stupid thing me and my friend could do...Ive got pictures on my phone of rediculous stuff.

Menu released. Used cars are back, body modifications are here, apparently yo can't change the wheels on a standard model car. What the heck is that!?!?!?!

Oh god. Why cant it just come out?

Yeah I think it was on Gran Turismo 2 or 3 but that little Mazda Demio would take corners on two wheels at full throttle. Wasn't much on top end but it'd sprint like a jackrabbit. I also had all the indy cars that you have to win, Talk about fun. Those things handle like they got glue for tires. You take that hairpin downhill turn of Leguna Seca at a buck fifty and it kills the competition every time.

I won a contest for knowing what laguna seca was. Thank you gran turismo.

I usually took that turn by going dukes of hazard. I have pictures on My xbox.

Yeah that corner is wicked, most times dukes of hazard is the only way to clear the corner at anything over 5mph. I'm working on need for speed prostreet now, I love the drifting section.

outskirtscustoms said:
Yeah that corner is wicked, most times dukes of hazard is the only way to clear the corner at anything over 5mph. I'm working on need for speed prostreet now, I love the drifting section.
I cant stand drifting...

Im more of a dragracing guy for prostreet.

I got as far as owning a chevelle...Its been a good 2 years since i played the game

I love a good driving game when I just want to play. Might sound silly, but the Burnout series is my favorite. Just something about the simulated carnage and unrealistic physics that says smash the other guy. I played Sega GT 2002 on the original XBox, and the driver's license tests were some of the hardest things I have ever had to do on a driving game.ank function

Back