Udall Custom Bikes is leaving Udall

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Udall is a small town of 800 about 25 southeast of Wichita. It is a wonderful little town to raise your kids when they are small. We have been here a little over 10 years now. My wife was hoping to get a teaching job in one of the schools here, but it wasn't meant to be. She did get a job teaching 8th grade in Derby, a town of 30,000 about 20 miles closer to Wichita. Since I work in Wichita, my wife works in Derby and my kids are at the point that they need a bit more out of school than Udall can offer we decided it was time to leave the small town life.

I got the call today that we were approved for a house in Derby just a block from my wife's school. The house is much larger and we need the room so the kids (16 yo son and 10 and 11 yo daughters) can spread out.

The garage is about the same size as the one we have now, but the utility room in the basement can hold all of my bikes with room to spare, there are two extra bedrooms ( bike rooms) and a formal living room that we will need to furnish (more bikes?).

My youngest said to me "Dad, Derby Custom Bikes doesn't sound right". I assured her that I don't have to be in Udall to be Udall Custom Bikes, that is who I am where ever I am at. :lol: :lol:

Cameron,
i like 'Derby Custom Bikes' or 'Derby Cycles' or 'Derby Velo' or..... gotta design a mascot wearing a derby, like this.

skull%2Bshirt%2Bweb%2Brez%2Bicon.jpg

Good luck with the new location, you're doing the right thing.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Awesome! that just means you will be closer to Haysville... which means I wont have to drive as far to come raid your bike part stash! :D but that also means Ill have to keep mine locked up from now on! :shock: :D

I know my vote dont count for much, but I hope you keep the Udallcustombikes name, that way I wont have to change the sticker on my truck! :lol:

Congratulations sir, I hope it all works out for you.

As cool as DCB sounds I am UCB to the core. It is a part of my identity. I know more than a few people in the real world that refer to me as Udall. It would be like trying to rename an old dog, waste of time cuz he ain't coming when you call.

Congrats buddy! Udall will never be the same! It does make you a little closer to me, so that is a good thing. I worked in Derby 2 summers ago & I think it's a really nice town, with just about everything Wichita has, with not as much hassle! I think you will enjoy it & the drive to work will be what 5 minutes? Show us some pics when you get moved. Will you now be the "King of Sedgwick County"? :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

I believe Thad is the king up there. I will maintain my kingdom in the south. I have enough peasants in my kingdom that I can still rule from afar. I would be five minutes if I drive, but I finally have the option to ride to work when I choose to. :D

saw a story in the FW paper that Boeing is closing down the Wichita plant. Does that directly affect you? Hope not.

jerrykr said:
saw a story in the FW paper that Boeing is closing down the Wichita plant. Does that directly affect you? Hope not.

Not directly. Boeing sold the commercial side of the business six years ago to my current employer. They are closing their military mod facility now. To the best of my knowledge none of our members here are currently employed at the Boeing facility.

Latest posts

Back