The Huffman, Final photos went a little pic crazy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of changing the color combo up a little bit, and want to know what you guys think.
Unknown_zpsphvyrnhy.jpeg

01016_Ivory-m_zpsj6e3ol2w.jpg

This is for the pin-stripeing on the frame and fenders, the frame is dark blue and metal.
IMG_8215_zpsg2mi1llx.jpg

Colors look good. The beige has an old feel to it. Can you get the red to be more of a dull 'brick' red color? A little more muted than the one pictured. Maybe the comp screen makes it look brighter and glossier than you are planning....

Colors look good. The beige has an old feel to it. Can you get the red to be more of a dull 'brick' red color? A little more muted than the one pictured. Maybe the comp screen makes it look brighter and glossier than you are planning....

I was thinking a little more crimson.

I have a few different colors of One Shot sign painting enamel I'll get a good photo of the paints posted up here soon.

Little more faded looking on the red maybe? You doing the bigger orangeish area on the fender with the red?

Whatever colors you chose that should look sweet over that patina on there.

This build is moving along nicely , just waiting on my fenders to get back from being reshaped I'm still trying to decide on what color scheme to go with. And I have started on re-laceing my wheel set I had to order my rear wheel spokes because of the odd sizing on them, Also have been cleaning up all the really rusty parts.
IMG_8273_zpspyu08zzn.jpg

I started hand drilling these holes in the chain guard. Then I stop so I could ask you guys how much further down the guard those hole should go I'm leaning towards leaving them as they are now.
IMG_8274_zps9xofvsme.jpg

IMG_8272_zpsoclsu71e.jpg

Dog leg sweet heart sprocket.
IMG_8268_zpsuhjq2xzl.jpg

IMG_8271_zpsljajzbqb.jpg

IMG_8270_zpsiijweey7.jpg

IMG_8269_zpssuihfj5c.jpg

IMG_8267_zpseuq9oye2.jpg

I'm really loving the Delta with the bare metal top cover, I think I might just leave it as is.
IMG_8265_zpsethiogb5.jpg

IMG_8264_zpsbrmfdzbi.jpg
IMG_8263_zpsqwllrtwb.jpg

I completely rebuilt my Torrington pedals.
IMG_8262_zpsenfz1qco.jpg

Heres what they looked like before.
IMG_8177_zpsncqmfydg.jpg

And finally the paints I have for the pin stripes, I have a local paint shop that sells 1/4 pints of one shot enamel for 8 bucks so I'm probably going to go get like 3 more colors before I decide on the finial color scheme.
IMG_8261_zpsupenziab.jpg

Last edited:
Parts are super cool! Would love to see this bike in person as a finished product.....Boise sounds nice ....:grin:

I was wondering about maybe another row of holes, or two, to get you in an angular line with the first 'step' in that chain guard....

Oh, I see now. Just zoomed in, there are two more steps in that guard.....now I'm not sure....

Love the drillium holes. Maybe add three angled lines of holes just in front of next stepped section of the guard

I started hand painting all the details, sorry for the bad photos.
IMG_8275_zpsx85icug8.jpg

IMG_8278_zpsj4hxl6vh.jpg

IMG_8279_zpsolnpsrw7.jpg

IMG_8281_zpst98isows.jpg

IMG_8283_zpsreuygpz2.jpg

cleaned up my head badge, and laced up both wheels.
IMG_8284_zpsncg5t0qc.jpg

IMG_8285_zpsbl7amjdg.jpg
IMG_8286_zpsrrjmojax.jpg

First mock-up, I'm really happy how this is turning out.
IMG_8291_zpswnn4oovg.jpg

IMG_8295_zpssq2bhxca.jpg

IMG_8296_zps1er8acm6.jpg

IMG_8298_zpssxurpjye.jpg

IMG_8293_zps4o7lajav.jpg

IMG_8299_zpsaeywm4fv.jpg

IMG_8307_zpsbmsnpzdk.jpg
IMG_8309_zps7sdqbqs9.jpg

IMG_8310_zpsf4dzkb81.jpg

IMG_8311_zpspnfkxa0r.jpg

IMG_8312_zpsqc9rhhzz.jpg

Love the overall look and your add ons! Any thought to 'aging' the darts a bit? I really like the color, they just seem to stand out a bit much. Maybe even just a rub with a well used green Scotch Brite pad, a new one would take away too much paint.....

Love the overall look and your add ons! Any thought to 'aging' the darts a bit? I really like the color, they just seem to stand out a bit much. Maybe even just a rub with a well used green Scotch Brite pad, a new one would take away too much paint.....

Ya I was toying with that idea, but I still haven't even painted the fenders yet so until I get those back from the motorcycle shop that's reshaping them, which should be on Monday I don't know what I'm going to do. I do agree with you they do stand out a little to much.

Looks great man nice batch or parts every thing is cleaning up nice . Great job on the rebuild of the pedals . Love that head badge [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back