The Huffman, Final photos went a little pic crazy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the announcer used to say on the old Batman TV series,
"Don't touch that dial!"
You have a great plan of pinstripe, then maybe clear coat over to keep that very Rat-isfying original patina! This one is definitely high on the Rat-ing scale!

Not a lot has happened with this build so far, just waiting on parts and slowly braking down the bike and deciding what direction to take the build.
IMG_8227_zpsxjntq5tj.jpg

I got my wheel set taken apart.
IMG_8228_zpsag6zrje2.jpg

IMG_8233_zpss2ondnv6.jpg

Went with the skip-tooth Morrow hub in the rear.
IMG_8236_zpstjulqvjh.jpg

IMG_8237_zpsny3culnc.jpg

Nice old New Departure hub in the front.
IMG_8234_zps7b9zpp7j.jpg

Last edited:
I'm having problems updating my post, something about a internal server error so I actually have more to post it just won't let me.

Super excited, all my parts have come in the mail. I also sent off my fenders to be reshaped at a local motorcycle shop.

I bought this Delta from A.S.BOLTNUT instead of trying to repair the rusted out one I have.
IMG_8244_zpspjfavwge.jpg

IMG_8243_zpstt5dwgsh.jpg

IMG_8240_zpsevveu7rf.jpg

I went with the classic black GoodYear style tires that Duro makes.
IMG_8238_zpspkug6tqq.jpg

IMG_8239_zpsmzkpwgfa.jpg

Got these awesome coke bottle grips from here on the forum.
IMG_8226_zpsv98kdkdl.jpg

And these sweet hub shiners from ebay.
IMG_8225_zpsugze8pqi.jpg

I also decided on which colors to use for the fender pin-striping.
01016_Ivory-m_zpsj6e3ol2w.jpg

Ivory for the strips
01016_RobinEggBlue-m_zpsn9cizcbd.jpg

and robin egg blue for the fender darts.

Haven't been getting updates on this one, just catching up. I like the direction this is going.

Scribble, you have a well-laid plan for this rat rod! Again, I really like your original patina, and your accents will bring that old paint to life once again! Rat on!

Thats promessing ! i like your plan and parts:thumbsup: .. good thing you did not try to fix the old light ... sometimes junk is really junk and to far gone :wink1: subscibed!

Back