starting my build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after much debate I'm not going springer....I can make 2 sets if I don't and I want a set of trees for my next project I know bummer sorry guys plus i wanna ride it soon

Last edited:
Looks like lots of room for fat tire compared to the anemic looking OCC fork next to it. Nice to have access to top quality tools. :113:

Just catching up on this build. Looking sharp!!!
Make sure you check for chain clearance of the tire. You are probably going to need an old 5 speed freewheel to push the chain out past the tire.

Just catching up on this build. Looking sharp!!!
Make sure you check for chain clearance of the tire. You are probably going to need an old 5 speed freewheel to push the chain out past the tire.
You are exactly right....trying to figure out what I need to do and how to do it.

So this is my attempt at tripple trees still have to sand blast then drill and tap my clamp screws

You are probably going to need an old 5 speed freewheel to push the chain out past the tire.

I remember reading somewhere (likely this site) that you can use a bottom bracket cup to 'stack' 2 single speed freewheels to gain extra clearance, might look a bit cleaner than a five speed with four empty sprockets. :39:

This should be interesting, stacking cups on freewheels.

I have no clue what that means.

Anyone have a link or an idea how to push the freewheel out.....Then I have to come up with a Jack shaft method to get chain alignment correct

What about an e-bike freewheel spacer?

b84744a14d2450a405e3a7d59b3ca35a.jpg
[/IMG]

http://www.ebikekit.com/kit-components/small-parts/small-parts/freewheel-spacer-for-1-speed/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dang.....35 bucks looks cool though.....I'm gonna have to take time to really check everything out.
Im So cheap it's sad so far I have less than 100 bucks in this bike

The "first attempt" fork looks great! I know at least a couple people who would buy a set of those triple trees, they look perfect for a fat front tire. Let us know if you'd like to make a couple more sets to sell. :113:

Thanks for the link Dr T, I just ordered four of those freewheel spacers. Unfortunately shipping one or twenty costs the same to my location. o_O

The "first attempt" fork looks great! I know at least a couple people who would buy a set of those triple trees, they look perfect for a fat front tire. Let us know if you'd like to make a couple more sets to sell. :113:

Thanks for the link Dr T, I just ordered four of those freewheel spacers. Unfortunately shipping one or twenty costs the same to my location. o_O

To be honest with ya....I'd totally sell a set. I have been starting a fabrication company.(it's slow going) I have the alumunium to do another set. I would love to make a set for someone on here if anyone is interested. The cheapest I have seen is 150 polished. I would totally make a set for someone for 70 or 80 non polished and even prepped for paint sandblasted upon request. Or if someone has some parts id totally do a trade, I have a few things im in search of. I know how money can be tight and I'm very big on trading as long as everyone is happy.

Back