starting my build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after a lot of math and planning I'll be machining my own tripple trees out of 3/4 in thick alumunium. Fork legs will be. 1 1/2 and 1 inch legs I know that's big but I want this thing to look beefy and the forks the match the frame.

Ok so I'm a part of a few forums and some are full of jerks....I don't see that here so go easy on me I don't have a jig so yeah I did my best. The only thing that's off is the bb, now when I say off I mean I barely notice it and when I spin the ring it stays straight so I may just be a little picky. I may fix it later but for no jig I am kinda proud. now haha a little teaser shot. I know there's no head tube but I have plans for that ;) and the tires may not Be straight in the rear tree I'll have to check that. This was just a quick I wanna see how it looks deal

The top tube, compared to the occ you got the rear wheel and triangle from. Its much longer.(stretched)

Ahhh gotcha yeah I'm 6 2 so the occ size wasn't cutting it. Pretty happy with it so far. Low longer not going with crazy take though. Trying to keep the bobber look. Even debating not doing springer. Don't really want a squishy front end. Kinda modeling it after darrels bike from walking dead lol.

Ahhh gotcha yeah I'm 6 2 so the occ size wasn't cutting it. Pretty happy with it so far. Low longer not going with crazy take though. Trying to keep the bobber look. Even debating not doing springer. Don't really want a squishy front end. Kinda modeling it after darrels bike from walking dead lol.
The bike he has now, or the one he had before the prison fell?

I wait for the seasons to hit Netflix so I can watch them straight through. Haven't seen 6 yet but I know what he rides next and that may Be the next project but the real thing

Ok so I'm a part of a few forums and some are full of jerks....I don't see that here so go easy on me I don't have a jig so yeah I did my best.
Looks pretty good to me!
We like to think we are not that type of forum where that happens, so you should be pretty good here!

Looking at the photo from the rear it looks like maybe just to wheel is not mounted straight, the stays seem to line up well, always hard to tell from photos though!

Great work so far, loving it!

Luke.

Looks straighter than my first attempt. Don't worry, most haters are jealous coz they don't have the skills to even begin a build. It's not like it's your 10th scratch build. I'd keep the idea of the springer, you can always stiffen it up if it's too bouncy. I think the bike would look unbalanced with a short, mildly raked fork. If you correct the rake/trail by offsetting the dropouts, you can prevent most of the steering flop associated with long forks. My air ride bike had a bouncy bent springer and I put a length of rubber air hose inside the spring which made it much better. :41:

Looks straighter than my first attempt. Don't worry, most haters are jealous coz they don't have the skills to even begin a build. It's not like it's your 10th scratch build. I'd keep the idea of the springer, you can always stiffen it up if it's too bouncy. I think the bike would look unbalanced with a short, mildly raked fork. If you correct the rake/trail by offsetting the dropouts, you can prevent most of the steering flop associated with long forks. My air ride bike had a bouncy bent springer and I put a length of rubber air hose inside the spring which made it much better. :41:

I know but as a professional fabricator I like going for perfection. I have build robots baja trucks and kinda of stuff and so far a bike frame is probably the hardest lol. Sounds stupid but getting everything perfect is rather difficult but I learned a few things along the way. So you really think the springer would really set it off? I used to feel like it would really make the build that much better but now I'm not so sure

Back