SpaceOff/BlastOff: Spaceliner Build-off anyone?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definetly a mis labeled bike there in more ways than one.i want to enter but i dont know about time lines. i am painting mine and have to wait for warmer weather.its being prepared now though.

Do you have to start with a space style bike, or can you create one from anything,

You can create on from anything. The more rules there are, the more exclusive it's gonna be, and that's not what we're going for here. True, the more spaceliners/flightliners/cosmic fliers etc out there, the better, in my opinion. But sometimes, they just aren't readily available. So On Monday I will be sending over the loose set of guideline to RatRod so he can make a spot in the general forun area. But in true ratrod fashion, this is gonna be a 'run what you brung' type event. And just to re-iterate, there is no judging in this here BlastOff. :mrgreen:

OK guys here's a copy of the guidelines I sent to RatRod, so keep your eyes open for this in the general forum area. Thanks for your interest!

Rules for the BlastOff 2009 Space Bike Build Off:
1. Start date is January 6th. I know we talked about mid January, but there are those of us(myself included) who would have a hard time waiting another week. All final pics should be in by March 1st. So timeframe is January 6th to March 1st.
2.Document your build. A picture of what you start with, and a final picture at the very least. The more the better though.
3.All Spacy-type bikes are legit in this here Blast-Off. FlightLiner, SpaceLiner, Cosmic Flier, chrome, painted, Whatever. You wanna build a spaceliner-type frame from scratch? Do it! You wanna convert a frame you have to a spaceliner-type frame cuz you just can't find one and wanna participate? Let's see it! In true rat rod fashion, this is a "run what you brung" event.
4.HAVE FUN! Remember this is a non-judged event. Just trying to see what kind of 'Liners are out there, how many more 'Liner Pilots we can get out there. This is more of a build-up and show-off than a build-off. So have fun and let's see those SpaceBikes!

oddly enough:
On this day in 1972, President Richard Nixon launched the space shuttle program by authorizing a six-year program to develop a multimission spaceship. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Markm said:
oddly enough:
On this day in 1972, President Richard Nixon launched the space shuttle program by authorizing a six-year program to develop a multimission spaceship. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

you almost sound like......

c_cliff_02.JPG

Glad this is underway! Excited so far to see all the cool ideas!

Just for inspiration's sake, I thought I'd give props to Viktor Schreckengost, the guy who originally designed the SpaceLiner for Murray.

I had posted a tribute thread to him back in May:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7289&hilit=+viktor

There were some cool concept designs. Very Space-Age
l_086148ab045ac1316ec33ae60703833c.jpg

Another site that I sometimes check out just for fun (because I am a sci-fi nerd) is a Concept Ships Blogspot.
http://conceptships.blogspot.com/

The most recent post:
dwayne_vance_1.jpg

Post other cool spacey stuff for inspiration!

hey brig, would you mind if I put a bid in on that there bicycle? Don't want to get into a war man, let me know! :)

Back