SpaceOff/BlastOff: Spaceliner Build-off anyone?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So over in the Bluesy build thread, a few of us started making noise about an unofficial SpaceLiner Build-off, Titled either the BlastOff or the SpaceOff. Just tryin' to guage response here. Anyone interested in this? As far as I'm concerned, the only criteria would be to use/build a spaceliner-type(Sears, Western Flyer, JC Higgins, Mens, womens) frame, start sometime after the first of the year, and finish by the end of February. You wanna build one musclebike style? go for it. You wanna build it up stock? Heck yeah. Wanna stretch one out? Do It! Wanna build one from scratch? Lets see it!
So do we got any takers?

Alright we got 2! Anyone else in?

By the way, Here's what I'm starting with.
2910025199_012f7d654f_o.jpg

Well, I guess it would depend on what you mean by redo. I would like to see it look totally different than what you started with. And I've seen how creative you can be in your build-ups, Joey.

Going to pick up one tomorrow, have to see what I want to do with it, but I am a maybe, sounds cool!

I dunno... I was thinking strictly those with 4 top bars... Course that does exclude the girls models... I guess we'll have to see what kind of interest this generates...

i am down, but only if i can use a flightliner.
i cant afford a spaceliner right now!

If you go with strictly Spaceliners, excluding space themed bikes,..........It's gonna be a LONELY build off!

let`s see. i built a flightliner on sun.,a spaceliner comin` tomorrow. what to do,what to do? hhhmmmm...gentlemen...deal me in! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BrigmasterA said:
I dunno... I was thinking strictly those with 4 top bars... Course that does exclude the girls models... I guess we'll have to see what kind of interest this generates...

OH! I forgot, Flightliners also have 4 top bars

I'm excited about this and in FO' SHO' :!: , although I ain't got no crazy cutting torches or welders :( ,
I'm looking forward to see what all of us crazy ........ come up with in regards to these quad backboned beauties...and RATZ!!!!!
Happy building and re-fabbbing, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maddogrider said:
I bought a rusty Space liner this fall at a flee market. Would i be shunned if it stayed rusty? :roll:
shunned, no...praised, perhaps :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back