Silver "Kween"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Markm said:
maybe it had one of those seatposts with the goose neck end on it...ya know, a wedge type. Or you could make one like that but kicked back :wink:

GREAT idea!, Never thought of a goose neck style seat post. I've been looking at pics of other Silver Kings, but can't get a close up of that area......Thanks!

sensor said:
i asked around and yeah it is the wedge type seat post......theres some on E(over)pay right now but you could probably make one for a fraction of the cost!

Found it! (Thank you)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=020

Not TOOOO bad, but it would be just another added expense. (Half the fun would be making something.)

Okay, it's July 1st. I guess I should start to do something!...........SHE ROLLS! :D

002-9.jpg

Waiting for all my "stuff" to show up! Tires, seat, bars...blah, blah, blah....Gonna try bead blasting her, next week, see if she'll CLEAN up. :roll: Also going to try a cold bend on the forks,.... hope I don't ruin them! (I think I prefer working in winter, no mosquitos.) :lol:

TheFlyingDingo said:
why does it look so pink?

Bad photo editing!

BLASTER said:
Cuz it's a girl's bike! :lol:

Sorry :oops:

Your right! And I thought it was my bad editing. :wink:........btw, it's a LADIES bike!

man, don't ya guys know it's a girly bike.lol. that bike is dude, i am gettin worried

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Bent the fork today. I think it makes a difference.
002-9.jpg

001-11.jpg

TheFlyingDingo said:
How did you do that?
I had a fork like that before, but i sold it...i wanna make another one

With my BARE hands, I may be old, but I'm still STRONG! :lol: ..............Actually it's pretty easy. I used a conduit bender. First you place one side in the bender, use a reference point (I used a half inch ABOVE the dropout), apply pressure. Do other side, the exact same way (half inch ABOVE dropout). REMEMBER, it's better to do a little at a time. If you bend it to much, you can throw it away, or use a smaller wheel!........When done place on flat surface and "roll" the fork, like a rocking chair, to check for evenness (make adjustments accordingly). You'll be surprised at how easily they bend. :wink:

aka_locojoe said:
Kota do you know if that bike was a 24" or 26". A friend has one for sale but it's a 24". He's fit 26" on other 24" silver kings (mens)
Thanks..

It was listed as a 26 (Chestnut Hollow), the fork is from a 26. Just checked the rear dropouts, there seems to be a lot of room to adjust the tire back. There are no numbers anywhere on the frame.

I just compared the length of the arms on the chainring, to a similar year bike (26). Exactly the same. So it more then likely is a 26inch..........52 tooth sprocket, my wife is gonna be huffin and puffin. :roll:

Back