Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more VW Love

Traded my 2006 GLI on a 2010 GTI a few months ago.

db5ba997.jpg

my last car
IMG_0495.jpg

dude, zach. Thats one sweet 88. my buddy floyd had one of those last winter, we beat the crap out of it It was littleally indestructable, and it had 225,000 miles!

I'm looking for one of them for my next winter beater.

and yes, there's the saying about GM cars, "they will run badly longer than a lot of cars will run at all."

stretch said:
ahh yes i remember waiting for it, the more you ponder about which car you want, the more youll lose your mind. :lol: ahh but really, save your $$ now to get a good car, save a couple thousand to get a solid driver. and buy something made in the last 15 yrs, and NOT a foreign car. domestic brands are so much better(for a first car, and IMO, all cases) :wink:
i did everything opposite of your advice except ponder what car i wanted ive been doing that since i was 6 :D
mycarishome008.jpg

42 pages... sorry, I didn't look at all your rides. Love my rides right now, but my past rides may have been more interesting, I won't be getting into that. I'm still getting use to only having 3 vehicles instead of 4 (one always being my wife's).

The 4x4, sold a really capable one to get this Heep, but this one is more road comfortable and safer for the kids... actually, the other one couldn't even carry all the kids...

heeper.jpg

1993 Jeep ZJ, 2" budget lift, 31" BFG M/Ts, inline six, bought cheap with 163K miles.

My Avant...

audi.jpg

1999.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro... not stock, around 300hp, at least it *looks* responsible.

It can haul...
a4hauler2.jpg

engine.jpg

Rat's nest.

And the wife's vehicle, 2006 Kia Sedona base model, 3.8 V6, fastest minivan I've driven, and I've driven alot. Stays trashed all the time, it can REALLY haul...

haul4.jpg

Didn't get a photo, but I brought home a Waverunner in the back of it not long before the 4 wheeler.
haul2.jpg

When I sold my truck, I replaced it with this...

trail94.jpg

Saves alot of money over a truck that sits in the yard 5 months at a time without being started, all the while paying for tags and insurance.

masterpoop63 said:
stretch said:
ahh yes i remember waiting for it, the more you ponder about which car you want, the more youll lose your mind. :lol: ahh but really, save your $$ now to get a good car, save a couple thousand to get a solid driver. and buy something made in the last 15 yrs, and NOT a foreign car. domestic brands are so much better(for a first car, and IMO, all cases) :wink:
i did everything opposite of your advice except ponder what car i wanted ive been doing that since i was 6 :D
mycarishome008.jpg
when i say foreign, i always exclude vw. :wink: vw is one of the best brands there is. nice bug! and hey, that IS a nice car! :D

stretch said:
masterpoop63 said:
stretch said:
mycarishome008.jpg
when i say foreign, i always exclude vw. :wink: vw is one of the best brands there is. nice bug! and hey, that IS a nice car! :D
thanks im just hoping the stupid kids at my school think differently my doors need new locks :mrgreen:

jonvo4591 said:
does she run and drive? what year is that like a 68 or 69? I love VW's, theres a pic of mine a page back, the orange baja :)
nope she doesnt at all no trany or engine in her right now and my 1600sp that i have for her needs a rebuild i just got her home from 24 years of sitting so she needs a rebuilt everything :mrgreen: thread on here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30031and are you on http://www.thesamba.com/vw/ yet?

Yup, been a member there since January when I picked up the baja, but I haven't been over there for a few months cause I got wrapped up over here ;)

I'm looking to probably get rid of the baja and get a regular streetable bug to tool around in next summer. Have fun, VW's are simple. I guess my baja is simpler, but we had the engine out in like a half hour. It just pulls straight off the back!

Good luck with getting it going.

jonvo4591 said:
dude, I officially want your avant.

Haha, it's a great car, was kind of a dream car, I don't make payments and mostly I drive junk, but your daily driver needs to be a little nice, so when we sold a house and had some money I bought the Avant, it's fun, but I don't like the maintance on a fire breathing 4 cylinder.

Right now I just got rid of my VW golf (torque converter went out) but here are a few I've had over the last year or two.
1976 Mustang Cobra 2
Photo005.jpg

1970 Jeep Jeepster Commando Pickup
Photo001.jpg

1989 Toyota Celica GT
Phot1001.jpg

1996 Lumina
lumina1001.jpg

buick skyhawk
meandthebuick.jpg

'96 sebring convertable
012.jpg

'91 geo metro
jebusdknhb005.jpg

toyota box truck
jklsjlks.jpg

'61 corvair monza
lkjdfa.jpg

'89 GMC pickup
004.jpg

'85 blazer
outskirtscustoms.jpg

'94 bravada
33000800001_medium.jpg

2 '86 jettas a 2 door and a 4 door
33661680010_medium.jpg

33661680007_medium.jpg

'62 corvair greenbriar
P4170001.jpg

'91 olds
P4210001.jpg

'01 Buell blast
P5010003.jpg

Honda Sabre
Photo1008.jpg

masterpoop63 said:
sell the geo and fix that corvair please! :D

Those are just ones I owned in the last few years, I did fix up the '61 Monza, sold the '62 greenbrier to a buddy that threw in a tricked out engine in it and made a hot rod "Greenbriar Tire Fryer", I hot rodded the mustang with a 302 and a mild cam, and I made an off roader out of the jeep but flipped it out in Utah.

Latest posts

Back