Schwinn Heavy Duti Klunker. Photos and Video Up!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Got quite a bit done today, but still no bottom bracket, so still no riding!

Productive day!

Got the S&M stem installed, The disk brake working and the rear wheel professionally trued and tensioned. Also, off camera, I put a massive 2.5 inch DH tire on the front.

6F9lmcPFJ6krVg-yXMBfN8U75CXRMDGqNcC4VFlH3c8_zpsab33bd00.jpg

rrcNOyj28hB14pcKx_3tZXTN8N3m1TDr3TKHnZVdYUg_zpsd03f5bea.jpg

ERvxW18IcoyIIsu2qsUqwTSUI_-1QnjVV-PONN6X_eg_zps08280018.jpg

1-z-OhW_MMUkotLY_G2_OCTO1ifYht7L0GcHKkuE_iE_zps1ec5c9ef.jpg

3JGOcD6qVQm5za2dYI5Tlsp8LGWKnkovseDwVr-bPfY_zps2de47b58.jpg

And then spent the rest of the day riding some street on my dirt jumper rig!
oADrQhByLz2K0yxpLVJzqHRJ4foURVQd5srsGxw9Meg_zpsaaafe1dd.jpg

Bottom bracket will be here tomorrow, but I'll be skiing most of the day. It will be riding Wednesday for sure.

It was 70 degrees today! Snow is not an issue right now...

Ok, so the Ebay seller might not have even shipped yet. I'm getting really pissed at this dude. Hopefully I can get a refund and find a lbs with the right bb.

Well, still waiting on the whole bottom bracket thing to be worked out, I got my 14t sprocket in that I ordered two days ago. Not bad! This should make my gearing much better.

Next to the bendix one:
Au94GqC164QVACUA4xx6I7t9ZIM4niqyvZrYhzsLjfQ_zps5b145dd7.jpg

But, nothing can go smoothly for me, so the new one is slightly smaller in diameter, seen here:
aPVJtdPDezgkAqpU94xGcAzfWwXji8Va-Q52g5fNrIc_zps2c7afad6.jpg

So after quite some time of filing, I got it to fit. Looks nice, although the chrome peeled off a bit.
66PODP6ebkbs3j1wsGuaU7R2inCjKjyXVpUvf4YVVPs_zps60bcce63.jpg

Ok, I called a bmx shop yesterday, and they said they had an american bb. So I went there, in rush hour traffic, and they guy in there said they don't carry americans anymore. :headbang:
So, They ordered my part, and he said it will either be here today, or in a week. This might be a tight deadline.

Ok, so I might not even be able to finish it. the bmx shop isn't answering my calls!

Joosh, I feel for ya man, I hope you didn't prepay them. I'd call around, there's gotta be more than one bike shop in the Denver area. Sounds like these guys don't want your business, but I'm sure you can find one that does.

Carl.

So even more progress. Just getting things dialed in when (or if) the bottom bracket comes. Threw on a 203mm rotor just for fun, and swapped in a 2.25 Nobby Nic rear tire. The 2.25 Nobby Nic is actually almost half an inch wider than the 2.35 Kenda tire up front. Stop with the false tire measurements guys!!! Well, apart from that, it is completely ready for the bottom bracket.

Sorry for the blurry pics. My phone really isn't good with low light.
a5DR0qx9J-YJ4LaFWd7LZzF4NS7j_Hh4jxXttH1Sc_g_zpse847ea78.jpeg

ZSMWqyIQR_ya7RrDYErvlGGmCKaR9pHVgSNDdo-Nzqs_zps7215e9dc.jpeg

iRuG0Jy9He6s9vjU73iHi9Jp4S5c42iUfmrBxhmZTo0_zps25bb5d18.jpeg

ZBDYlRq9LkF68admSJ7dWWkhE78FDbaoaJMz4ZOXYPo_zpsec08c0ae.jpeg

L_e0UCQIb_wtvKSfwGypJq-sOcDrXlzodu7mbORqggc_zpsfad11bce.jpeg

Thanks for all of the help and support during this build! I really hope I can finish it by saturday.

Well, Called the shop and the bb is going to arrive on Monday. Oh well. I guess I'm out of the build. This thread is still going to be used though!

Latest posts

Back