Schwinn Heavy Duti Klunker. Photos and Video Up!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the frame, and the bendix coaster brake hub!

jOUC42CeRu_QwDcKfcMVlMxABVEHR7KgwqlHOjy2MCw_zpsaf656e3b.jpeg

xJi8cc3-Lr4BOsnrLlsEYTy3p4zXiXTVCVBAyA3gkOQ_zps42c42b7d.jpeg

4e4vAhoRXqgBlbhZCRZhK6jYxUUDD7xaU3eROso0rjg_zps90e35254.jpeg

MedQFOAQpOfbOLpyntQZi4HYo0hbd9AwjKnVZGAjBqE_zps320afbc5.jpeg

So the gear ratio will be 25:18. i think that will be good!

Yeah, I just gave my SHD frame away, but I got the Renthals on my Genuine Article 1. Just need some wheels for that one.

You've got a lot of potential here... keep us posted!

I've got an itch for a Genuine Article One, show that thing off would you please :thumbsup:

Parts are looking great on that HD too Joosh !!!

I couldnt bring myself to paint my HD frame. One of the best looking paint jobs they've slapped on a bike in recent years to me.

The Genuine has me stalled, financially. I've been hanging all the best stuff on it (but with cheap pedals), and I'm hung up on getting it a wheelset worthy of the rest.

The frame, however, is absolutely top-notch. It ain't pretty, but it's beefy. I got a cstom s&m pitchfork in matching gloss black, and some red ano BS on it.

Pics're coming, but it'll likely be a while...

Hey Joosh..
The stem and bars look perfect on that cruiser.. I'm keeping and eye out on your build for sure..

Big things happened today. bought some wheels the other day; the front is a Rhino lite rim with a shimano hub, the rear is a generic 36h wheel, so I could pull out the hub, and use the existing rim and spokes with my bendix hub. Here it is half built:
kb_dH8B9zb_iBQEFyz7uYMm6z_fNEyIlE0QAIsjD2fo_zps49ba074b.jpeg

tyzvjSTz7trPWCfSnsnoowE6r94SAAYY4FrD2lSwnbU_zps1ca5bb5c.jpeg

And the Finished product:
pndAmT1KN9v90fFmv6G5qikEWYs0uvslPDwQcFuVP_k_zps7ece5656.jpeg

For My first time building a wheel, it came together really well. The tension is good, and it is fairly in true!

So with that done, I threw on some tires (the same exact set from my first mountain bike!) and cobbled it together. Not anywhere near rideable, but it looks pretty darn nice.
tia5eNytD7k3Mt_hHARKrM7t6kqWj6Sg1cXGENJnBck_zps2be4160d.jpeg
I2vIIE-mkw6UOO1qrOd1aRIZGuAuGLGDGeLEpeMScwE_zps4a94e6a1.jpeg

x7mfNR6XB_EvzPyWN-QIElMHkwJXidIRHzY1g2cw-Z8_zps7cff1098.jpeg

X5O4rAt9fMbX3OOw_S7v7v7eOlyuiVh-LmX7FJ3PMYw_zps0d7e7089.jpeg

This thing needs to be finished quick, or I'm gonna die!

You changing that dinky front sprocket,
or is there a reason I'm missing for it?
(I hear ya about the cash, I got nothin' to spare either)

Carl.

I'm doing it for the gear ratio. I intend to actually Ride this on the local trails, which are Pretty steep.

25:18?!? That's way low! That's going to be a wheelie monster. I remember riding BMX and me and my buddies screwed around with 36:16 and thought it was way low but used it to ride sit down wheelies forever and you took it 10x further.

Bike looks good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks real cool!! its going to be a blast to ride!!!!

Jats

Thanks, guys! I might use a bigger sprocket eventually. I have to ride it first. Next to buy is a Profile bb!

Maybe run a tensioner in the back, like a dummy derailleur, and a multi speed front sprocket... I've been thinking along these lines lately.

Carl.

Hmm. The tensioner wont work with the coaster brake though.

a fixed position tensioner with those long stays and set the 2 front rings centered on the rear gear should work. could be cool!!

Jats

Yeah I would think it would still work...anybody have any experience with this setup, multispeed front, tensioner, singlespeed with a coaster? I'm curious too, as this could go on my build also...

Carl.

Back