Savannah, Georgia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why dont you try an get a ride set up for this summer Savannah is a great town an lots of pple ride bikes over there heck we would come over for that. My son an I are always looking for rides an shows close by because he dont travel well we have to keep it close to home but we love to ride. Ian suffers from autism an bipolar so he really enjoys meeting pple an seeing new things.

I keep forgetting that I started this thread. Here are some more photos of my great city.

This set uses Savannah as a backdrop for my BO7 bike Flex-Liner 7.

Sgt Jasper Revolutionary War Monument in Madison Square

WP_000303.jpg

Only 203 Days 21 Hours 57 Minutes and 45.8 Seconds until Saint Patrick's Day!!! Savannah had the second largest St Pats in the nation!!!!!!

WP_000327.jpg

WP_000326.jpg

This is where we were married 15 years ago. We can see these spires from our thrid floor porch. The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist.

WP_000325.jpg

WP_000305.jpg

One of Georgia's signers of the Declaration of Independence is buried here. Button Gwinnettt. He died shortly after and his signature is one of the rarest in the US.

WP_000324.jpg

WP_000322.jpg

WP_000317.jpg

The new Ellis Square water jets fountain

aIMG_8087.jpg

Pulaski Monument in Monterey Square
aIMG_8052.jpg

Mercer House
aIMG_8054.jpg

General Oglethorpe Monument in Chipewa Square
aIMG_8075.jpg

Savannah Slow Ride where you can drink and pedal while someone else drives
aIMG_8099.jpg

WWII Monument on River Street
aIMG_8108.jpg

Horse and buggy carriage rides are all over Savannah
aIMG_8124.jpg

Three pelican iron newel post on Monterey Square (only 1.5 blocks from my front door)
aIMG_8050.jpg

Factor's Walk starcase between River Street and Bay Street
aIMG_8111.jpg

My wife's hidden oasis
aIMG_7987.jpg

Forsyth Park
aIMG_8064.jpg

The Great Savannah Races Museum. My neighbor (6 doors down) opened up this cool museum about the Grand Prix Races that were held in Savannah 1909-11.
aIMG_8047.jpg

One of the many restaurants, bars, and shops on River Street
IMG_8110.jpg

The oldest continously operated theater in the US.
cIMG_8119.jpg

WWII Monument on River Street
aIMG_8107.jpg

Mansion Hotel on Forsyth Park
aIMG_8069.jpg

Forsyth Park Fountain
aIMG_8061.jpg

Six Pence Pub
aIMG_8070.jpg

Talmadge Bridge over the Savannah River. Savannah is the 4th largest port in the US.
aIMG_8104.jpg

In front of one of the many old antique shops
aIMG_8057.jpg

City Hall
aIMG_8085.jpg

Here are some more photos of my bikes around my city.

City Market Gallery. The big painting through the doorway is of our house.
WP_000302.jpg

Savannah Bicycle Campaign's Midnight Garden Ride held every Labor Day weekend
FlexyMGR325404_10152065707890427_735970104_o.jpg

Vespacar
WP_000416.jpg

Scottish Rite Temple
WP_000411.jpg

Ellis Square Chess
WP_000414.jpg

WP_000412.jpg

World of Beer
WP_000451.jpg

Paula Deen's Lady and Sons
WP_000486_zps0df6a6f6.jpg

Forsyth Park Fountain died green for St Pats
WP_001241.jpg

Nirve Cannibal with my wife's Dahon folder.
WP_001242.jpg

One of the smaller azaleas in the spring (Forsyth Park)
WP_001247.jpg

Savannah's St Patrick's Day parade is the second largest in the US (only behind NYC). Our population doubles that day.
WP_001277.jpg

My buddies Your Pie Pizza joint. BEER RUN is hanging as art at his other location.
WP_001280.jpg

St Pats can be a little strange too
WP_001283.jpg

Fugsley has been getting jealous of Flexy lately, so when I heard they were having Pumpkin Fest at World of Beer tonight, I decided it was a nice event for a pumpkin orange bike.

Stopped off for a photo opp in front of the Old Armory Building which is now part of SCAD.
wobWP_000521.jpg

Then went on down to WOB
wobWP_000522.jpg

View from the 2nd floor window.
wobWP_000523.jpg

Went for a ride on the Cannibal tonight and didn't even realize that the Savannah Jazz Festival was going on. Tonight was Blues night, so I got so see an awesome local blues guitarist Eric Culbertson as well as Lil' Ed and the Blue Imperials!!!!!

Got me a cold beer. Picked up some hot boiled peanuts. Sat back with my bike and enjoyed some rocking blues under the moonlight for free less that 10 blocks from my house! (Which we moved into exactly 10 years ago and the Blues Fest was playing that night as well).

Welcome to just another day in Savannah! :p

WP_000525.jpg

WP_000526.jpg

I think it is and I love showing it off with this thread.

Saturday, I went back out to hear more of the Jazz Festival on the Park. Took Flexy this time.

WP_000531.jpg

WP_000538.jpg

WP_000536.jpg

WP_000535.jpg

Couldn't resist some photos with this giant Great Dane
WP_000534.jpg

WP_000533.jpg

Kingfish:

I've been in your neck of the woods with the Fam.

We come to Tybee Island twice a year usually and have the last 6 years. It really is the most bicycle friendly place to vacation.

I recommend to all!!

7y5u9uqe.jpg

e7uvyge5.jpg

baty9ehe.jpg

e5aqa8yj.jpg

y4y8e3a9.jpg

ubeqe2u5.jpg

8u7u3ury.jpg

1918 Ranger

WOW! Very cool to see someone else post on this thread. Give me a buzz sometime when you are in town and you have time for a ride or a beer. Dr. Tankenstein goes to Tybee a few times a year too.

Great stable of bikes and kids you have there! Glad that you enjoy my hometown.

they were talking about your city on the radio yesterday. Apparently it's either the first or second most haunted city in the country (I forget what they said) due to the fact that a lot of it is built over ancient burial grounds. Creepy.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
they were talking about your city on the radio yesterday. Apparently it's either the first or second most haunted city in the country (I forget what they said) due to the fact that a lot of it is built over ancient burial grounds. Creepy.

It is supposed to be the Most Haunted City in the US, and I love it because I see the $$$$$$ being spent on every type of ghost tour you can imagine. However, I have listened in and read some of the content of these tours and a majority of it is total fabrication. If you like a good story for entertainment, then it's cool, but don't expect it to be based on anything realistic. These stories are coming from the same people that I once heard refer to this dolphin downspout as a Mahi Mahi downspout (I am not pulling your leg).

EDIT: But they must be doing something right, because I heard the latest figures show that we had 12 MILLION tourists last year!!!!! Not bad for an area that has less than 300K people in the whole county.

dolphin_downspout.jpg

It's really cool how many free concerts are performed at Forsyth Park amphitheater. This pick is from the Savannah Symphony Picnic on the Park and it is male and female operatic singers with two dancers behind them.

WP_000569.jpg

Any given Saturday that I ride I will see multiple weddings going on in our squares and parks.

WP_000565.jpg

1918 Ranger said:
Awesome pics. And Flexy is an amazing job. Did u have pieces chromed?

Thanks! All of the chrome on Flexy is orignal.

I keep forgetting that this old Coca Cola wall painting is still on one of the old buildings. Most people will never see this because it is in the lane next to a street that runs one way to oposite direction.

aIMG_8627.jpg

1918 Ranger said:
Awesome mural. What streets it on?

1918 Ranger

It's on the NE corner of Perry Lane and Price.

Latest posts

Back