RRBBO-8 Preview

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wood also be easy to make burled wood pedal blocks that wood look good. I wood be careful though not to use too much wood! Just enough wood wood be classy but too much wood wood take away from the wooden tank! I think glossy black fenders wood look better.

Just my opinion, I know from seeing your other builds that you aren't subtle with your ideas! :wink:

BTW, I love the louver insert idea!

The Renaissance Man said:
It wood also be easy to make burled wood pedal blocks that wood look good. I wood be careful though not to use too much wood! Just enough wood wood be classy but too much wood wood take away from the wooden tank! I think glossy black fenders wood look better.

Just my opinion, I know from seeing your other builds that you aren't subtle with your ideas! :wink:

Thanks for the input. I can appreciate that there should be a balance. Point taken. :mrgreen:

BTW, I love the louver insert idea!
A lot of wood might be OK as we'll, a couple from the NAHBS...
de7a9a8a.jpg
qa8a3u3u.jpg

kingfish254 said:
For a while now I was dead set on using my 53 Columbia, but tell me what you think of this Higgins Hiney Tree Woody idea.

This beehive
WP_001473.jpg

With this 50s Higgins frame and burled fir wooden tank
WP_001324.jpg

Then I am thinking of getting some thin strips of the same burled fir to make some wooden fenders and inserts for the skirt louvers on these Higgins skirt guards
T2eC16NHJHIE9nyseGiBRGYdOsJDg60_57.jpg
What a nice collection of springer forks

I am going to be adjusting my strategy a little bit, it won't be the Gas Monkey Gasser anymore (Couldn't find any green paint with the gasser pop that it deserves so it will be blue instead. I found a blue that has just the right pop to it for a great gasser look.

outskirtscustoms said:
I am going to be adjusting my strategy a little bit, it won't be the Gas Monkey Gasser anymore (Couldn't find any green paint with the gasser pop that it deserves so it will be blue instead. I found a blue that has just the right pop to it for a great gasser look.

Here is a little inspiration, one of the most famous gassers of all time!

stonewoodscook_zpse234ac3a.jpg

I did just a test patch to see what this color looks like laid out. Looks amazing! This part will not be used on my build just what I had handy. This is with no wet sanding, no clear-coat, no prep work at all. I can't wait for the build off, this is going to be SWEET!

Pic006_zps99633b1c.jpg

Pic005_zps37a6269e.jpg

Pic007_zps34b593df.jpg

That's going to be interesting to watch! Are you going to make a scaled-up banana seat? The picture makes me think that it would be a good bit larger than normal.
The one I have coming is 20 or 21 inches long so if I'm not totally off on my sizes it should be just about that size.

A color palette of Candy Kelly Green with silver metal flake Emerald Green pearl Ghosting; enhancing all of that green, silver metallic pinstripes (triple/doubled) on a tangerine plate. A killer paint job goes a long way – I’ve seen some unbelievable paint jobs at the Laconia Bike Week, Americade Lake George and at the New York International Motorcycle Show over the years – fancy du-dads are just another distraction, because the greatest Eye Candy there is, is color.

167655,xcitefun-custom-scooters-from-japan-02-600x450.jpg

images_10_scooter_15.jpg

images_10_scooter_13.jpg

My 06’ Yamaha Morphous
032.jpg

LukeTheJoker said:
That paint looks perfect Outskirtscustoms!
Nice finish and colour.

Luke.

Thanks, I was kinda hoping it would look good and I am impressed with Dupli-color yet again. I also tried it over a few test spots one with a black base coat and one with a chrome base coat, I think I am going to go with a black base coat, the chrome spray paint just gives it too much bling. Now the hard part: waiting till the build off. I also picked up my last few parts today, master link for the chain and a few bolts. So I am ready to rock.

Just found a little inspiration from this site! Turns out this has been done by Rusty513 using the same car as inspiration. So I will be pulling some inspiration from this as well.

PA230008.jpg

[quote="outskirtscustoms

. Now the hard part: waiting till the build off.[/quote]
Amen!
but I am likin the ideas floating around here.I ordered more parts yesterday and have more to find before my build can be done--so till May 1...

Latest posts

Back