RRBBO-8 Preview

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Renaissance Man said:
I like the name, can we assume that it will be powder coated in black? :p

Thanks, I was going to go with "Loaded Diaper" for the build name but couldn't find a color I was happy with! :lol: :lol:

Rockit! said:
I am going for something along these lines:

siouxsie_sioux__the_painted_bird_1_by_darkasterial_vision-d4wb58j_zpscf0da177.jpg

8) 8) 8)
Is this something that's gonia hurt ya?

pick said:
I have decided on this frame (1939 Colson) & the name will be "Blackjacked". Not sure yet what the finished product will be yet though. It will have to be in the anything goes category because powder coating (by me) will be involved.

PA310445.jpg

just dont call it "murdered out" :p

love me some siouxsie sioux!

beatcad said:
pick said:
I have decided on this frame (1939 Colson) & the name will be "Blackjacked". Not sure yet what the finished product will be yet though. It will have to be in the anything goes category because powder coating (by me) will be involved.

PA310445.jpg

just dont call it "murdered out" :p

Don't worry about that, I hate the word "murder"!

It will look like this but slapped together, I think I'm going to use some frame standers to guard the shifter knuckle, either using a chrome or black crank I've got handy, probably adding a front rim brake too after finding a few hills to bomb :mrgreen:

IMG_68821_zpsfe0c5757.jpg

IMG_68811_zpsb715c78b.jpg

q10kH01363906303.jpg

^^^Thats SWEET^^^
Well, tried taking pictures of my inspiration, but they all came out the wrong color so I stole one:
pansy_17.jpg

With this guys influences:
400px-Larry-watson.jpg

and some 60's/70's choppers for more wackiness!
glittercycle.jpg

:mrgreen:

What the hey, here is a sketch...possible concepts.
qezu3u2y.jpg
zu2avuse.jpg

Have to learn to do flames.

For a while now I was dead set on using my 53 Columbia, but tell me what you think of this Higgins Hiney Tree Woody idea.

This beehive
WP_001473.jpg

With this 50s Higgins frame and burled fir wooden tank
WP_001324.jpg

Then I am thinking of getting some thin strips of the same burled fir to make some wooden fenders and inserts for the skirt louvers on these Higgins skirt guards
T2eC16NHJHIE9nyseGiBRGYdOsJDg60_57.jpg

Back