RRBBO 3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahab said:
im still a little new so please enlighten me on the ratrod bike build off. please.

basically its annual bike build off. The members start a project and then we submit our results on the deadline, then we all vote on which we like the most.

Joshua85 said:
Ahab said:
im still a little new so please enlighten me on the ratrod bike build off. please.

basically its annual bike build off. The members start a project and then we submit our results on the deadline, then we all vote on which we like the most.

...with progress pics... :D :D :D

Markm said:
Joshua85 said:
Ahab said:

...with progress pics... :D :D :D
...and riding pics. :)

i like the once a year build off for me personally i put a ton of heart and soul into the build off bike i mean the first time i tried i got hurt and taken out, second time i won but there was some hidden drama that some of you know about. so i say keep the big build off the way it is. one bummer i notice durring the build off's is that no one is really building new stuff other than their build off bikes and the site gets real quiet. and iduno about everyone else but i think since the build off some of the bikes that have been created could have very well taken top rat so there you have it. IF there was to be an unoficial build off i say do something off the wall like a trike build off, or a girl's bike build off (heck we all have a few laying around). but actually the first thing that poped into my head was a one day or one week build off. iduno i say keep the build off to once a year just to figure out who is top ratter (for awhile atleast) and no i dont think i am so hold the pm's please :D

karfer67 said:
i like the once a year build off for me personally i put a ton of heart and soul into the build off bike i mean the first time i tried i got hurt and taken out, second time i won but there was some hidden drama that some of you know about. so i say keep the big build off the way it is. one bummer i notice durring the build off's is that no one is really building new stuff other than their build off bikes and the site gets real quiet. and iduno about everyone else but i think since the build off some of the bikes that have been created could have very well taken top rat so there you have it. IF there was to be an unoficial build off i say do something off the wall like a trike build off, or a girl's bike build off (heck we all have a few laying around). but actually the first thing that poped into my head was a one day or one week build off. iduno i say keep the build off to once a year just to figure out who is top ratter (for awhile atleast) and no i dont think i am so hold the pm's please :D

well put karfer, i guess i was just looking for another reason to build a bike :p i'll just build it anyways

This has always been a big topic around here!

my take is in support of Steve...The build off that is done right now once a year is just right! I would not change it! nor the rules!

However I still would like to see a no hold bars build off for those of us who like to take it up a few notches! :D I support what you are saying UCWT it would be neat to see some of the raw talent we have here :D

I also like what karfer67 said
trike build off, or a girl's bike build off

I see no harm if a few guys/gals who would like to take up the challenge! no different that the diamond build off

again all needs to go throught the Big Rat Steve!

All Hail Steve!

FW

thanks and agreed that when it all comes down to it this all has to go though steve which when i first read this all kinda got to me. yea in a way this is all of our's site but in the end and especially with build offs it comes down to steve. i like the classic build off rules mainly because it comes more down to the builder. i agree an outlaw special build off would be interesting to see for those of us with welders but for guys like me (atleast for now) who can't afford one it levels the playing feild and gets down to the at least in my opinion what rat rod bikes are all about. i will shut up now

I noticed that there were a lot of disappointed "builders" after RRBO2. Because there was only "ONE" winner (deservedly so). So is anybody down for a CHARITY build! Build a bike, then ALL bikes are to be sold, and the proceeds donated to charity. This way EVERYONE wins. We all say that this SITE gives us so much, then let's pass it on.

Then later during the year have the Officail RRBO3.

I've just given you all a reason to start a new build..."BIKE BUILDS" has been created.

No organization, no rules, no trophies. :wink:

Firewalker said:
my take is in support of Steve...The build off that is done right now once a year is just right! I would not change it! nor the rules!

I agree with this. At least have the yearly "Official" RRBBO and Steve calls the shots. This should be the grand daddy of build offs. You know, carry the most prestige best prize whatever to encourage people to plan and wait for it. If anyone wants to run another build off (probably best if different then the rat rod type) in the mean time that is great. Just hate to see things get watered down so much as where there are a dozen build offs through out the year with only 2 competitors each.

I really like the idea of specialized build offs other than Rat Rod. Like a girls, ugliest, theme, 20" etc... Like the diamond frame build off.

We do have to keep Steve interested and happy. He has the ability to tear our club house down. :lol:

I also like the idea of the smaller theme build offs like the diamond frame build off we had.

I also agree that we don't want too many going on in a year.

Maybe the new forum will satisfy the build junkies out there. :D

So Steve just so that I have this right the Gallery section would be for finished bike pictures and a place to show off your bike....yes/ no

and the new section would be for a place like the Hot Rod I'm building right now with on going pics and progress :mrgreen:

if I have it right feel free to move mine!......

hold on I can do that :oops: :D

FW

I know Randy has brought this up before but I'll mention it again. Along the lines of "Everyday Is a Build Off" theme, a long time ago on a forum long long gone they had a bike of the month. This was a no rules friendly contest every month, there were no time limits for build time or style, any bikes submitted before the 20th of each month went to a public poll that ran to the last day of the month, winner take all (bragging rights :lol: ). They also took each of the BOMs at the end of the year and had a vote for a Bike of the Year. This would also be a good way to put together a calender :wink: ...Kelly

this year's build off was weird to me. it really did seem like there were a lot of people down on it afterwards. i like it the way it is sorta like the detroit autorama where the "riddler" award is given. there is no second place and it is the top award a hotrod can get. i consider our build off to mean the same for the type of bikes we build.

I am all for a small build off with NO prizes just some recognition and awesome memories!! I am offering to host if that's okay with RatRod? Let me know. I have a great theme idea in mind!

Latest posts

Back