RRBBO 3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just stoked on this new frame I bought... Bare Metal and ready for anything! I was to late for the last one. Guess I just have a reason to get abother fram in a few months, cuz I cant wait til summer to build this one...

I'm down for an unofficial mini-build off. No trophies, but end of summer/fall is a lousy time for me for "free time".

im in for an un-official buid off.

i'm all for an unofficial mini buildoff with no prizes or trophies :D

actually there should be a prize, it should me a sticker that says "i won the unofficial rat rod buildoff and all i got was this lousy sticker" :p

Looks like there is some real interest brewing in this. Does anyone want to "lead" the build and make the rules, dates, post the thread for it?

It should probably just follow the same guidelines as the official build but maybe allow for frame mods? (since this is un-official and will not have a real prize)

Low buck, tough, old styled bikes.

I agree with the same "RRBO" rules....they've been nice to us so far.

I dont really like the idea of frame mods......but being it would be unofficial, Im guessing we'll end up going by how everybody else feels about the subject.

skoda said:
If every day is a build off, why does there need to be a RRBO at all then? I'm really just asking.

For whatever reason, competition and organization tends to draw a crowd. :wink:

I suppose we need a "Builds in Progress" forum to keep them all in one location.

Rat Rod said:
skoda said:
If every day is a build off, why does there need to be a RRBO at all then? I'm really just asking.

For whatever reason, competition and organization tends to draw a crowd. :wink:

I suppose we need a "Builds in Progress" forum to keep them all in one location.

That would probably be a useful thing to have. I'm never quite sure where to post stuff like that, but usually put it in the bike gallery. I doubt there is a simple way to do it, but if it could be sorted by member as well as bike/post that might be a good feature.

OK here is my 2cent opinion. I think the saying" everyday is build off day" is correct.Post your progress pics and show off your bikes. To have unofficial or build offs too close together diminishes the fun and anticipation of a real full blown build off.If there are parts you have in mind use them now, you can always salvage them for the next project. I robbed my other bikes for parts needed, it's part of ratting.Build your rat bike and then build another then another.................. 8)

I'm honestly very apathetic about the whole build off thing. If there was one soon, I'd participate, but 800 or so members, not everyone is going to be able to get in on it no matter when it is. I'm prepared to suck it up and build on my own, the semantics of what or when or why or what the forum is called etc, etc...makes no difference to me whatsoever.

I'm fine with a lack of structure anyway. :mrgreen:

i think everyday is a buildoff but i think what draws me to to it is just the fact that everyone participating is building with you to meet the end date, it just feels good to see what everyone can churn out in a period of time all at once :p

it doesnt need to be a competition i just want to build with ya guys :D

plus i got on this site right at the end of the last build off so i never got to participate :(

skoda said:
I'm honestly very apathetic about the whole build off thing. If there was one soon, I'd participate, but 800 or so members, not everyone is going to be able to get in on it no matter when it is. I'm prepared to suck it up and build on my own, the semantics of what or when or why or what the forum is called etc, etc...makes no difference to me whatsoever.

I'm fine with a lack of structure anyway. :mrgreen:

Right on!!

now thanks to being here for a while.
i feel "rat rods" is an expression of the whole making it custom to your liking even if all you do the basics within your means.
you'll never get a "right on" from everybody but thats why i'm here everyone shows tact and
encourages everybody to keep going instead of tearing them down.
i'm not a big fan of some styles of bikes but those guys building them are making it their own and
effort and fab are big in my book.

but mini builds YES low cost back yard jalopys.
only rule i'd vote for is you gotta be able to ride whatever you build

Latest posts

Back