REAPER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of springer fork is that and where did you get it?

EDIT: Just kidding... :oops: I went back and saw that it came with the bike. I'm playing with the idea of maybe putting a springer fork on my '79 Spitfire project, but I don't know what to look for. I don't know if the new springers I could order from JB Importers would be worth the cost of one.

I cant tell because my computers not letting me check it out :x They look pretty good, but quality is pretty much all the same no matter who you buy it from, a nice decent one can be as cheap as 40-30-even 20 bucks, some times cheaper if your eyes are good enough. If the compy would let me know how much the JB's were I could give you a definite answer but heres a really good Chubby. Pretty much if you see one for cheap don't be afraid to go after it or at least check it out.
http://www.chubbyscruisers.com/shop/sch ... p-198.html

SectionEightLife said:
I cant tell because my computers not letting me check it out :x They look pretty good, but quality is pretty much all the same no matter who you buy it from, a nice decent one can be as cheap as 40-30-even 20 bucks, some times cheaper if your eyes are good enough. If the compy would let me know how much the JB's were I could give you a definite answer but heres a really good Chubby. Pretty much if you see one for cheap don't be afraid to go after it or at least check it out.
http://www.chubbyscruisers.com/shop/sch ... p-198.html
I can get this Sunlite one for $32.99.
27435.jpg

ThAnks again to all! The spring does point to the sky but I was determined to get that front tire out there. When I'm finished w/ the other stuff I'm going to do to it I don't think you'll notice it as much..... :wink:
I brought it back to the shop today and mocked up a set of handlebars, the seat, and a rack for now so I can sit & stare at it. No pics to share but will try to get some tomorrow!

outskirtscustoms said:
Normally speaking I'd consider it a sin to cut up a vintage Schwinn, but in this case I like it. :mrgreen:

Me too, but I have another in much better shape than what this was when I got it to play with.... :shock: And thanks!

Chips_Mahoy said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Normally speaking I'd consider it a sin to cut up a vintage Schwinn, but in this case I like it. :mrgreen:

Me too, but I have another in much better shape than what this was when I got it to play with.... :shock: And thanks!

Well in that case rat on!

OUTSKIRT: Are you going to the show on the 28th in Lebanon?

Here's a couple pics since I've brought it home from the welding shop. I did a quick assembly so I can sit, stare and think about it. I tried a set of rusty, bent apes for the bars and this rear rack. I'm not 100% sure I'll use a rack but this is 1 of 2 I have to use for mock-up. And now that I've looked at the pics myself I've realized that I didnt choose the best back drop so the bike stands out from it.......oops :roll:

The front fender is painted & ready but I've still got to get a replacement lens for the light. I'll probably spend some time w/ the grinder tonight to knock off some edges & such and start making the headlight bracket.

WOW its looking GREAT!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Thanks! I kinda like the way it is now too, but I'm going to follow through w/ the plan on this one. I can see myself doing another one similar to the way REAPER is now but with dirty white wall tires.

This bike looks so tough it scares me!

One thing though, I'm 'down' with the pedal scraping thing, but your crank arms are going to have to REALLY short to be able to even ride this beast!

You have to 'tweak'/shorten your front and rear extensions to bring it up an inch or so, while retaining the killer look of course! :mrgreen:

Keep it going!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
This bike looks so tough it scares me!

One thing though, I'm 'down' with the pedal scraping thing, but your crank arms are going to have to REALLY short to be able to even ride this beast!

You have to 'tweak'/shorten your front and rear extensions to bring it up an inch or so, while retaining the killer look of course! :mrgreen:

Keep it going!

Cheers,
Dr. T

It's still needs everything lined up & tightened up which will raise it up. I ended up shortening the front extenders before this pic because it was too low. I wont have alot of clearance once its done but just enough to ride it. And besides........Chicks dig scars :p

Did a final mock-up today. My old Geometry teacher would be proud of me. It came in really handy! Worked out a few bugs in it and have a couple more little ones to deal with. I got to go for a quick spin and let me tell ya.......it drives like an articulated bus if you were steering the front half but sitting in the back half and holding onto the roof rails!! But at least now I can break it back back down and get it ready for paint and work on the lighting for it while the aint is drying.......

mmcdaniel69 said:
It doesn't need paint, that's the poster-child of a RAT! You win!

Thank you very much! I love the way it looks right now, but I've got a theme i'm following for this one. If all goes well (knocking on wood), I hope to have it finished on the next update.

Latest posts

Back