REAPER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chips_Mahoy said:
Thanks again! All the great comments just fuel the build fire! 8)

Something I keep forgetting to post is I'm in need of a headlight lens for the original headlight housing. It doesnt have to be perfect. Yellowed or cracked is okay, just nothing w/ a big hole in it......thanks!
make one f it

Maple island has them for $8 + shipping.

http://www.mapleislandsales.com/product_detail.php?ID=36

P.S. LOVING this bike! It would be cool to tray and make it look as 'stock' as possible...for that head-turning, what the ???, reaction at shows.

Chips_Mahoy said:
Thanks again! All the great comments just fuel the build fire! 8)

Something I keep forgetting to post is I'm in need of a headlight lens for the original headlight housing. It doesnt have to be perfect. Yellowed or cracked is okay, just nothing w/ a big hole in it......thanks!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
It would be cool to tray and make it look as 'stock' as possible...for that head-turning, what the ???, reaction at shows.
Cheers,
Dr. T

I had this thumping in my head all night that I couldn't get rid of. Now I know why.......YOU WERE IN IT!! :shock: One of the main design aspects of this one is too keep it "stock looking" to the untrained eye if riding by it. All that will be revealed at the finish..... 8) :wink: I have something radical planned after this one.

Mocked up the front fork, springer and tire today. It really added to the cartoonish-ish look of it... :roll: Now i'll be able to figure out how I'll rake & modify the front and how much the bike will get lowered. The kickstand is going to be interesting but I've got a couple different ideers running around in my head for it......

that really looks good. hope ya can use some ideas from STREET DIGGER, I would be honered. :mrgreen:

Outlaw 8)

A little bit of an update but no pics to share unfortunately..... :(

After seeing the the profile of the bike like in previously posted pics, I've decided to extend the wheelbase 3 inches each way. Brackets are being fabricated to complete this. Once that's done I should be able to take it back to "my shop" and work on the painting and begin the electrical work. Fingers crossed......!!

Chips_Mahoy said:
Mocked up the front fork, springer and tire today. It really added to the cartoonish-ish look of it... :roll: Now i'll be able to figure out how I'll rake & modify the front and how much the bike will get lowered. The kickstand is going to be interesting but I've got a couple different ideers running around in my head for it......

looks good the way it stands right now to me :wink:

iven said:
looks good the way it stands right now to me :wink:

Thanks! I appreciate that!
I was messing w/ it today to come up w/ a design of an extension bracket for the forks to acheive the look I want. I think I've got a good one thanks to my welder friend. We discussed & mocked up the front & rear extension pieces being made and the stance & profile of the bike. I liked the way it looked w/ one of us holding it up by hand so I can't wait to see it when its standing on its own. We also got the kickstand plan figured out. So I guess I can say it was a good day! :D I believe I'll have the welding & fab work completed in about a week and will be able to take REAPER back to the shop for assembly!!

Nice ride!
MO FATTA MO BETTA!!!!

Thanks!

I've been dealing w/ some water problems at my house so I haven't done much with it lately. We were going to fab the frot fork extender brackets and rear wheel extenders then I was going to be able to bring her home. I have a day off this weekende so hopefully I'll have some new pics to share! (where's the little slilie guy eating popcorn & waiting when you need min??)

UPDATE:

The holiday mess is finally over so I'm able to get back to the bike stuff.....

Got the parts made to extend both of the front and rear a few inches. Once it's all checked, double checked and decided, final welding will be done.

Extensions were made for the rear that lowered it at the same time.

The front has extenders in place for this mock up for the photo. An "X" brace still needs to be fabbed for the extenders for strength. The "collar" or whatever its called that has the spring bolt threaded into it was flipped to help give a long, raked look and help clean up the upper section.

Here’s before & after pics of the stance:

I’ve got to hustle since the Hoosier Antique & Classic Bicycle Club Winter Show & Swap is the 28th of this month and this will be my main display. I’ll be taking a lot of others to show and sell as well, but this one is the priority!!

To be honest I can understand how the before stance can be preferred. In my opinion I believe its the angle of the springer's spring; its tilted up and kills the flow. That being said I prefer this stance, perhaps you could cut some slots in the brace of the springer near where the forks mount to let the spring tilt forward and sit nice and flush with the rest of the bike. You'd have to reinforce it after that but that'd just be some thick steel on the inside of the brace. I think it would look alottt more mean and flowing. I like this thing! :mrgreen:

Like dis!
Springer.jpg

That should let the tabs of the fork slide right on in to the bracey thingy (That is in fact the technical term - trust me, I'm an expert :roll:) Either way I'm really liking this stance! :mrgreen: ...though I still think it would be sick with a mean landspeed sized crank from an exercise bike or something 8)

Back