Rare (seemingly) Colson/Evans Commander Tank Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill be starting work on my Evans soon,just ordered a bunch of stuff for the build.I'll be posting pics in stages.Man o man between riding and building I'v been busy.If you get the chance check out my Torpedo in "builds" "New Life for an old girlfriend"thread and the "events"Harlem Valley River Run:grin:

I threw some 26x2.25 tires on this last night and they rub like crazy on the rear. The fender struts and the fender itself probably need some tweaking to make them work, but I will probably throw some skinnier tires on it, install the head badge and the evans cutlass chainguard and $ell it.
I took it for a spin and while it was fun, the bike isn't for me as a keeper.

Bummer Deuce you're thinking of selling already,whats ailing you on the bike?I'm looking for a women's for the wife same as mine for a matching set.

002.JPG
004.JPG
I threw some 26x2.25 tires on this last night and they rub like crazy on the rear. The fender struts and the fender itself probably need some tweaking to make them work, but I will probably throw some skinnier tires on it, install the head badge and the evans cutlass chainguard and $ell it.
I took it for a spin and while it was fun, the bike isn't for me as a keeper.
Wheres it rubbing,on the frame or the fenders?If its the frame with the 2.125's try to get that wheel all the way back in the dropouts,course you'll have to add a link to the chain.The problem with the Evans frame is that it narrows considerably up front so bigger tires can be a problem.I may have the same problem facing me on my build but one way or another its gonna work via dropout extentions.If its the fenders there's more options to be had,just a little more head scratching:39:,good luck!! BTR

Last edited:
It's rubbing on the sides of the fenders and where the struts mount to the fender. I'm sure I could make adjustments, grind the bolt down, etc... But I don't plan to keep it.
It's a super cool bike, but not something I enjoy riding enough to keep. Id rather see someone who would really enjoy it, own it.

Bummer you're not into the bike,good luck in your search for a new "squeeze" bike:D!I just got that big ol 3.00 tire in yesterday and found out that when I it mounted up and with the wheel all the way back in the dropouts the tire just slightly rubs the frame rails in the front.Its a wicked look for the bike though and now in the process of fabricating new bolt on dropouts to push the wheel back for clearance.I not sure if I'll be running a fender but if I do it'll be a shorty.Gonna push the build time back but I'll be worth it.

I will let you know for sure. I would love to sell it locally to not deal with shipping, but if I decide to ship, I will message you.
I have to figure out a price too.

Back