POCA RATA "Little Rat" DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" (its a roller!)

pick said:
Oneuglybike said:
I think clip on style bars would look groovy! Bike looks awesome!! 8)

I have considered that! I have a pair on a little junk pocket rocket motorcycle type thing that I may try out. Will have to get out the PB Blaster though, as the allen head bolts are rusted in there pretty good. Worth a try anyway! Thanks for lookin! 8)

Failed on removing the clip on bars I had on the junk bike. They just aint coming off! Anyone got a set of clip ons they want to sell cheap (trying to keep this build on a super low budget & have succeeded so far)? Any condition as long as they are straight will work for me.

I TOLD YA THE BIKE LOOKED GREAT! I KNEW YOU WEREN'T GONNA LIKE THAT NANA SEAT ON IT. JUST A HUNCH I HAD. KEEP PLUGGING BUD! YA DOING FINE. PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
I TOLD YA THE BIKE LOOKED GREAT! I KNEW YOU WEREN'T GONNA LIKE THAT NANA SEAT ON IT. JUST A HUNCH I HAD. KEEP PLUGGING BUD! YA DOING FINE. PEACE

I know bro! Shoulda listened to ya in the first place!!!! :lol: :mrgreen:

Had a chance to do a little "scrounging" in my scrap pile today & found a chainring I may use. May also use the crank assy, if it's not too long, if it is, I'll use the original one. Also found a stem off of the same bike that I like better than the one in previous mock ups. Now I just have to find a different set of bars to go on it. (I have nixed the clip on bars for now, but could still change my mind again, I do that often) May have to modify the head to fit the 1" center part of the bars, it's set up for a 7/8" center now. Anyway here is the chainring:

gt.jpg

Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" (Truss Rods, Bar Change)

Finally got truss rod set up the way I like them. Still need to weld tops of rods to forks & grind off second set of holes on bottom of them. Trying a different stem, different bars. Still not sure I'm sold on the bars though :? , but I have a bunch to choose from in the scrap pile. Suggestions??? May have to go back to the clip on idea? :?:

poco003.jpg

poco002.jpg

poco001.jpg

I like the truss rods pulled in tighter. 8) They go well with the other lines of the bike.
I like the idea of the GT chain ring too. The tank is really cool and sleek!
It seems like there maybe is too much going on (or a lot of mass in that area) with the large clip-on stem.
Too bad you couldn't attach the bars directly to the fork tubes. The current stem gives that look from the front view.
Then again maybe you can try the other stem you have. Keep swapping out those parts and showing us :D

Yes, on the truss rod change!
Yes on the stem/bars change!
7734 Yes, on the tank!!!!! I had to go back in your thread to see where I missed that. I was still in SE Asia when you had talked about that.

Keep it coming!!

Thanks guys for the input. I'm not happy with the bars either! MplsCoaster : I agree totally on the stem / bar thing. May try some clip ons that attach to the fork tubes. Top of fork is just too busy right now! Still have mods to do on tank to make it work also.

Thanks a million for lookin & also for your suggestions! 8)

Lookin good man. It has the Mean Pickerman Stance. Your grandson will rule the streets of Benton on that machine. :mrgreen:

Has a motorcycle look, I like it.

Dig it Pick!! :wink: :wink:

Thanks guys!

MazdaFlyer: The motorcycle look is exactly what I'm goin for!

SCHWINNRAY69 : Thanks buddy!

I'm diggin both of your builds too! 8)

I'm not in to win, just in it for the fun! :mrgreen: & I'm havin tons of it! :)

pick said:
I'm not in to win, just in it for the fun! :mrgreen: & I'm havin tons of it! :)

That's what it should all be about!!! I know that I am having a blast!!!!

Thanks kingfish254! Your build is lookin awesome as well! 8)

Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" (I'm havin a blast!)

I just saw that chainring at Nbw. Keep it up bud! GTB!! Peace

Looks good pick!Keep swappin' parts 'til you find the look you're after.I like the truss rods.Can't wait to see more 8) 8)

Finally located a pair of these that I'm gonna try on the little rat. Traded some junk for it. They are the same type of bars I had on a little pocket rocket bike that I couldn't get off. Will post a pic of them on the bike later.....

clipons.jpg

Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" (Bar Change AGAIN!)

Got a chance to try these bars on the Little Rat last nite. Think I'm gonna stick with this combo so I can move on to other things on this project. I think it will look better with the grips on it. Have to figure out a way to cover up the hole that the stem would normally go in on the headtube (any suggestions?). Still needing to weld the strut tops to the fork tubes, trim excess metal off dropouts, finish tank mods, install crank & sprocket/chain & mount the seat. I'd like to mount a headlight & tail lite also (or possibly number plates). Moving at a snail's pace, but a little progress is better than none! Looking @ the pic below, it looks like I should also trim the fork tube tops off to fit flush with the top bracket.

clips003.jpg

clips002.jpg

Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" (Bar Change AGAIN!)

pick said:
Got a chance to try these bars on the Little Rat last nite. Think I'm gonna stick with this combo so I can move on to other things on this project. I think it will look better with the grips on it. Have to figure out a way to cover up the hole that the stem would normally go in on the headtube (any suggestions?). Still needing to weld the strut tops to the fork tubes, trim excess metal off dropouts, finish tank mods, install crank & sprocket/chain & mount the seat. I'd like to mount a headlight & tail lite also (or possibly number plates). Moving at a snail's pace, but a little progress is better than none! Looking @ the pic below, it looks like I should also trim the fork tube tops off to fit flush with the top bracket.

clips003.jpg

clips002.jpg

How about using a quarter from your grandson's birth year to seal up the steer tube. Might be cool. Bike looks great man. 8)

Back