POCA RATA "Little Rat" DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat"

Pick, that really is a good looking frame. Wish I had a granddad that built bikes fro me when I was a kid! I know thats exactly what I'll be doing for my grandkids. I'm sure that little guy is chomping at the bit to ride it!

That tire looks so natural on that frame.
Now the fun begins!

Critter1 said:
Pick, that really is a good looking frame. Wish I had a granddad that built bikes fro me when I was a kid! I know thats exactly what I'll be doing for my grandkids. I'm sure that little guy is chomping at the bit to ride it!

You got that right! He really does have some cool bikes to ride. My dad, even though he worked way too much, always managed to make time to do this kind of stuff with me when I was young (long time ago!) & I will never forget it. I'm sure he won't either. I get a real kick out of building stuff for the kids! :D

Kingfish: You are right as well, This is where the fun begins, I look forward to this every year since the last one!

Thanks for lookin! 8)

ndaway said:
He for sure will never forget. Your making memories for a life time Awesome job Pick :D

Thank you buddy! That's what it really is all about ain't it? I am so far behind you right now, I better put a hustle on it huh?

Found some dropouts on an old AMF girls bike frame that was bent. Cut them off & my plan is to weld them inverted to the existing dropouts on the eliminator frame. Should push the back wheel back about 3 inches & up 1.5 to 2 inches lowering the back of the bike. Un-needed holes will be filled. Tomorrow, Sparks Fly! Hope to post more pics tomorrow.

pocorata2.jpg

Love the AMF stamps in there.

Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" (its a roller!)

Got the dropouts welded today, still have to trim some metal off of the old dropouts to make it look right. Now I have tons of clearance on the back wheel & I believe I will have sufficient chain clearance as well. Pardon the sloppy welds, but that's what grinders are for right? Still have to cut down the seat tube & trim down the steerer tube, but for now everything is going as planned. (famous last words!) :mrgreen:

pocorata2003.jpg

pocorata2004.jpg

udallcustombikes said:
Looking good! I'm glad you got that frame.

Got it from a really great guy! :lol: It is good to see it put to a good use don't ya think? My grandson loves it so far & can't wait for it to be rideable. If he's happy with it, so am I. Thanks Cameron for hookin me up with this frame, I'm having more fun with this build than I did with Bad Apple. Hope to show more progress tomorrow.

Lookin' Good bro! Them are some fatty tires, love em.

pick said:
Critter1 said:

You got that right! He really does have some cool bikes to ride. My dad, even though he worked way too much, always managed to make time to do this kind of stuff with me when I was young (long time ago!) & I will never forget it. I'm sure he won't either. I get a real kick out of building stuff for the kids! :D

Kingfish: You are right as well, This is where the fun begins, I look forward to this every year since the last one!

Thanks for lookin! 8)

Yeah, my dad and I build all kinds of crazy bikes back in the day. Mostly choppers. Some of those things were deathtraps, but it was seriously fun. I lost my dad when I was 21. Can't believe its been 25 years ago! Probably some of my best childhood memories revolve around building bikes with my dad. My grandson will be 2 this fall and I have 60s-70s Schwinn Lil Tiger 12" stingray sitting in the garage waiting to be cleaned up.

Terry66: That is the stuff that we remember! I bought the first bike for my grandson when he was only 3 months old. My wife thought I was crazy! That gave me plenty of time to get it done before he was big enough to ride it. He was only 3 yrs old when he took his own training wheels off & has never needed them since. (he's 7 now) I like to build bikes for myself, but I love building them for kids even more.

Thanks for looking! :D Your build is lookin good also! 8)

I like the upside down drops.
Looking sweet!

ndaway said:
Get ta building..peace. LOL I always wanted to post that :mrgreen:
The bike looks great Pick!! What he said. Lol

Jake Sensi said:
ndaway said:
Get ta building..peace. LOL I always wanted to post that :mrgreen:
The bike looks great Pick!! What he said. Lol

Thanks Jake! I've been waiting for your motivational pressure! :lol: :lol: Thanks for lookin buddy! :mrgreen:

Diggin your build so far also!

Back