POCA RATA "Little Rat" DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" (Out of Hibernation!)

pick said:
That smile is worth all the bikes in China! :lol: :mrgreen:

Great expression!!!! And yes, it is!!!!

Hey Stranger! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Bike is looking good, that would give anyone a smile! :wink:

Peatbog said:
So we get a picture of a bike and a grinning kid when this thing is done?

Yes sir, Guaranteed! :lol: :mrgreen:

Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" (Old headlight!)

Picked up this ratty UNION lite from "NLCTVWguy" Thanks Rob! I think it will be perfect for this bike. My plan is to use the bracket inverted mounted to a tube coming out of the bottom of the head tube. It's lookin like that will put the lite low enough & out over the front wheel. I love the shape & patina on this piece! I have a couple of options on the tail lite, but not sure which one I will use yet.

lite001.jpg

lite002.jpg

Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat"

Those are cool lights. Look forward to seeing how you use them.

Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" Headlight mock-up

A little progress today. Haven't been able to find a lucky 7 seatpost that I like, so I took a junk crank & cut it up to make one. I've done this before on a few builds. It will actually sit about 1 inch lower than in the pic, which will put the seat where I want it. Also messed around with the headlight setup. I think this is what I am gonna go with. I have about 1/4 inch clearance above the front wheel, but I like the look. I'm still planning on on using the truss rods, but have not got them welded on yet. Will probably use the seat in the pic, or I have another similar one that may end up on it. I am still looking for some grips that look like motorcycle grips & have no clue what pedals to use!

liteseat005.jpg

liteseat001.jpg

liteseat004.jpg

Mockup looks great!!
I like the crank post and the seat position!!
The headlight works with this build too.

Keep it coming.

Lookin'good pick,keep it comin' 8) 8)

Light looks great there :wink: I like how it's close to the tire 8)

I might have a set of grips for ya, I'll check tonight or tomorrow :wink:

Lookin good Pick! Looks like cooler weather this week. Yay! :lol:

SCHWINNRAY69: Let me know on the grips!

Diabolical_Dork : I can't wait for the cooler weather!!! The last two weeks were brutal!

Thanks for lookin guys!

kingfish254 said:
Mockup looks great!!
I like the crank post and the seat position!!
The headlight works with this build too.

Keep it coming.
How about welding or fab a piece that connects on the seat clamp that hides the...seat post. Hmmm Don't worry I'll do you proud when I steal that fork setup! GTB!! Peace

Hey pick, here's what I have for grips :wink: I was gonna use the one's on the end for my bike, but it doesn't matter to me :mrgreen: The gold one's have a small rip in them :wink: Let me know...pick a pair for the price of shipping 8)
010.jpg

028.jpg

What would you take for both the black pairs? The ones on the end I may use on my build, but the ones in the middle could end up there. They are awesome lookin, never seen any like them. zip is 67017 LMK, I don't expect you to give me both pair for just the shipping.

PM sent pick! 8)

Peatbog, they came off a Columbia Excerciser :wink:

"Man! Do I like how you did that headlight! Your doing such a cool blend of new and old and it all just looks right "

Thanks Steve! This build is moving at a snail's pace. I really need to get it in gear! :mrgreen: Thanks for lookin!

Love that light on there Pick! I have a couple on my stingrays. MEAN lookin bike by the way. Will the grandson be getting a leather jacket to go with it? :mrgreen:

Nothing to report other than I went out to my shop today (metal bldg.) took one look @ the thermometer in there & it showed 140 degrees! Turned around, shut the door & headed back to the house. Cranked the A/C down a few notches & popped open a cold beverage. The forcast high today is 106, with a heat index of 108! :x Tomorrow its supposed to drop way down to 104. Guess I'll bring the wheels inside & do a little clean up on them in the air conditioning. I may have to move to Arizona or somewhere where it's not so brutally hot! :lol:

Anyway, just got tired of sitting way back on page 3! Hope to get back in the groove tomorrow, may have to get up @ 5am to beat the heat. I will be done by the deadline! :mrgreen: Tick...Tick...Tick...Tick! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back