POCA RATA "Little Rat" DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat"

Tank looks great! :p Actually, the whole BIKE looks great! :wink:

Thanks guys! So far the tank is in the lead. I think I like it better than without. Haven't had time to work on it today, so no progress since yesterday. May have to sneak out like I'm watering the garden or taking out the trash, so I can work on it a little! :mrgreen: Still undecided on the seat & bars & thinking about a bobbed rear fender if I can find one wide enough. Still tryin to catch up to you guys!

I like it with the tank too!
The stance with the hub above the drop out and the porkchopper fork is really cool!!
Don't worry about pace, I'm way behind you :lol: We'll both make it...

Thanks Steve! I will catch up. Tonite I "took out the trash" & was able to sneak back to my scrap pile. Found a set of bars that are just weird enough that I think I like them. Don't laugh......Yet! My plan is to use them flipped using the porkchopper headset. For now I just have a picture in my head & will get it put together tomorrow (I Hope) & see what it really looks like. Also have a rear wire rack that I got from Diabolical_Dork @ the swap (FREE) that I may try to fab some truss rods for the front forks. (Some members here kind of gave me that idea, thanks guys!) Anyway here are the bars...Cross bar is only 6.5 inches wide, total width of bars is 22", but I may shave about an 1 to 1.5" off each end.

pocorataetc.jpg

yoothgeye said:
Those look like the little bars that came on my Adams Tag-Along.

Bet you didn't even know they were missing! :lol: They actually came off a pretty weird little BMX bike I picked up for parts.

pick said:
Xcruiser: Thanks buddy! How's she doing? Great I hope!

Thanks Peatbog, for the comps!

I am watching both your builds as well & both are lookin awesome! 8)
Yeah she is doing just super,all 5 brain tumors are dying off.meds are down and she is living a normal life for a change!

Xcruiser said:
pick said:
Xcruiser: Thanks buddy! How's she doing? Great I hope!

Thanks Peatbog, for the comps!

I am watching both your builds as well & both are lookin awesome! 8)
Yeah she is doing just super,all 5 brain tumors are dying off.meds are down and she is living a normal life for a change!

That is awesome news! Very happy to hear that! :D

Xcruiser said:
By the way-watcha going to do about a chain guard?

I have the original F1 Eliminator spacey lookin guard, but not sure I will use it yet. Not sure it will fit the rest of the bike. Kind of looks like an old Studebaker fender to me! :lol: I'll just have to stick it on there & see what it looks like with the rest of the stuff. Thanks for lookin bro! 8)

pick said:
Xcruiser said:
By the way-watcha going to do about a chain guard?

I have the original F1 Eliminator spacey lookin guard, but not sure I will use it yet. Not sure it will fit the rest of the bike. Kind of looks like an old Studebaker fender to me! :lol: I'll just have to stick it on there & see what it looks like with the rest of the stuff. Thanks for lookin bro! 8)
Ok,sounds like the one I have.I was willing to offer it up if ya needed it.

Thanks for the offer X! I really appreciate that. If you are needing anything let me know what it is & I may have something in my scrap pile that you are welcome to!

Thanks guys! Work this week is kind of getting in the way of my build so far! But I plan on catching up soon! Thanks for lookin! 8)

Looking really good Pick, if you build it as well as you did the Bad Apple it is sure to be amazing! :D

pick said:
Found a set of bars that are just weird enough that I think I like them. Don't laugh......Yet! My plan is to use them flipped using the porkchopper headset. For now I just have a picture in my head & will get it put together tomorrow

Also have a rear wire rack that I got from Diabolical_Dork @ the swap (FREE) that I may try to fab some truss rods for the front forks.

Knowing the way "pictures" come out of your head, they will be very cool and unique, looking forward to the next installment

Don't give up on me yet! Working alot, so not much progress. Borrowed a tap from LowpowerD (Thanks a million Dave!) & began adding threads to the head tube. Real pain in the ---, this triple tree is welded & doesn't come apart, so threading is a nightmare! 1/4" turn, then re-adjust, then another 1/4" turn & repeat, over & over. Don't have access to a ratcheting type handle & I'm too cheap anyway, so doing it the slow way. So far I think I have less than $60 in this build & don't plan on spending anymore. Hope to have some update pics soon.

Hey Pick! Less talkin' and more buildin'!! :D Peace

Back