Please I need help for a 3d model

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please can anyone help me with a 3d model of my sketch,i need at school and for a future project :cry: :oops:
blackshirts.jpg

i wont be able to help you with a 3d rendering but throw out some dimensions like tire sizes and what you wanna build it out of cause its a cool looking design we might all be interested in building it after you trow one up on the board....

ratina said:
I'm no expert, but how is it going to ride/steer with the headtube straight up and down like that? Its a cool design and I hope you can build it!
i think it will run great, i hope, is just in the main step, the sketch, and i hope someone will help me with a 3d model or a better quality, i made this in paint :oops: .

Von Stans said:
i wont be able to help you with a 3d rendering but throw out some dimensions like tire sizes and what you wanna build it out of cause its a cool looking design we might all be interested in building it after you trow one up on the board....
here is what i have in mind with the parts:
the handel bars
gimp-ape-hangers.jpg

the seat but not that design
MBS05-UnusualBikeSeat.jpg

the spring fork :)
rollingthunder1.jpg

and the dimensions of the tire in back a 26"
p9030028.jpg

and in front i think a 20" or smaller, what do you think guys?
blackshirtsparts.jpg

Very cool, original design, but as someone else mentioned, you're going to want some angle on that headtube/fork! :wink:

That's a nice design. I think it would look cool with a big front wheel like 26, and then a smaller back wheel 24", but with a fat rear tire. The total diameter of the tires will be roughly the same. Its your bike though so do what looks right to you.

nosferatum15115 said:
Hammond Eggz said:
Very cool, original design, but as someone else mentioned, you're going to want some angle on that headtube/fork! :wink:
I think so :roll: , but I like it as it is, i hope i can make it in 3d :cry:

I Hope so too! I loved motorcycle's with a very high headstock but there is a little geometry involved....its all to do with rake and trail here is an image to show how it should look.. from http://www.customchoppers.info

trail1.jpg

Get too tight a 'rake' or go into negative 'rake' and your cycle just will not handle!

Boris said:
nosferatum15115 said:
Hammond Eggz said:
I think so :roll: , but I like it as it is, i hope i can make it in 3d :cry:

I Hope so too! I loved motorcycle's with a very high headstock but there is a little geometry involved....its all to do with rake and trail here is an image to show how it should look.. from http://www.customchoppers.info

trail1.jpg

Get too tight a 'rake' or go into negative 'rake' and your cycle just will not handle!
I am going to chime in with the rest of the gang on the head tube angle. In addition to being very twitchy to steer it will be much more prone to have some sort of structural failure. The suspension fork was not designed to run at 0 degree rake and will not work very well either.
As far as 3D modeling goes I would think you could find some sort of freeware/shareware online to create a simple model :?:

build a 3d model outta coat hangers and carboard discs! :D :wink:

If you need a program, check out blender. It's free and you can make incredible stuff with time and talent. I don't have much for that kind of thing, but you may.

Back