NOW SEEN IN FINISHED SECTION! ▓▒░ Higgins the German Spy ░▒▓

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Finished? ▓▒░ Higgins the German Spy ░▒▓ Done?

Hmmm, I just picked up a frame that that looks alot like the frame you have except the center bar doesnt drop down in the front. The tank on it looks like yours except for the attached chrome pieces and it is a western flyer.

I think it's a Murray built WF.

Your bike looks great, I'm gonna do something similiar on the Wf, Rg

nice its approved the apes are awesome patina good I'd say thats one 8) ratrod now how many votes do we get I've got a few favorites an this one made the list

Cool lookin' bike!Be careful in underground parking lots,you may scrape yer knuckles. :mrgreen:

I WOULD SLAP SOME PAINT ON THE FORKS BUTS IN A STRANGE WAY THEY GO RIGHT WITH IT. THE TANK IS GREAT!! YOU MADE EVERYTHING COME TOGETHER!! NOW BEAT IT YA KWAZY WRATTER AND GO ON VACATION!!! YOU DESERVE IT. MAKE SURE YA PUT SUNSCREEN ON YA KNUCKLES WHEN YA RIDING :mrgreen: PEACE

You should find you a seat post quick release to put on them bars so you can fold them down to transport it easier

dragnusa said:
You should find you a seat post quick release to put on them bars so you can fold them down to transport it easier

I have a quick adjust stem off of an exercise bike... speaking of transporting, look what I did tonight. A few weeks back we put our 2 year old in her "big girl bed" and since we had a drop side crib (they've all been recalled) instead of getting a conversion kit and selling it I just took it apart and threw it away... kind of. I saved some of the steel and the front and back to make this:

SAM_0957.jpg

We are taking:
-Higgins the German Spy
-Wife's "new" white and black 7 speed cruiser
-Tall bike (short wheelbase, not long)
-Son's 16" Schwinn BMX
-Daughter's 20" girlie bike
-tag-a-long

When I put the tall bike on the trailer (granted this is my "shorter" tall bike) the Higgins bars are only a few inches from being as tall as the tall bike bars! haha

Cool rack!!

aka_locojoe said:
Taking a tall bike on vacation. That's awesome.

That tank is icing on the cake.

Thanks, just arrived in Bird in Hand tall bike and Higgins causing quite a stir all the way up the highway.

At the hotel, this is the last photo my camera will ever take, one of the kids killed it, luckily my wife brought the good camera, but it's a beast and not good for carrying around or quick shots. :cry:

SAM_0960.jpg

Great job ,I love the patina!!!!!!! 8) :mrgreen:That trailer set up is the best use of crib sides Ive ever seen!

FatBoy said:
Great job ,I love the patina!!!!!!! 8) :mrgreen:That trailer set up is the best use of crib sides Ive ever seen!

Thanks! I can take credit for the crib bike trailer but the patina is the real deal. Last year I had to fake it but this. Ike gets it honest. :mrgreen:

That photo is hilarious and really puts those apes in perspective!!! Its funny how the bars line up with the tall bike!!!

Have a great vacation!!!!

I think you should really add 6 foot long tassles!!!!!!
I not joking either!!

Here's a beer to toast those monster apes. Something about this really looks familiar.

WP_002337.jpg

kingfish254 said:
That photo is hilarious and really puts those apes in perspective!!! Its funny how the bars line up with the tall bike!!!

Have a great vacation!!!!

Thanks, yeah on the highway people were smiling and pointing and staring but I don't know at which bike...

kingfish254 said:
Here's a beer to toast those monster apes. Something about this really looks familiar.

Very familiar indeed, did you notice that the rabbit on that bottle is running tot he left, if you cut that little guy out to put him on your bike you couldn't put him on your chainguard because he'd be running the wrong way... Don't I know it.

Peatbog said:
Well, you might not have the only swan fender ornament in the contest, but you certainly have the tallest handlebars.

I agree about those 6 foot tassels. Just don't get tangled up in them and hang yourself.

Another swan? Who? Where? I've been too busy to study all the builds.

I might add some tassles for a funny photo, but that's just not for me.

"Chicks need love" has a cool big swan

You should get one of those handlebar airplanes and repaint it with german colors. Heck with the scale of those bars, you should put a regular sized model airplane up there.

Pugsy likes your bike. 8)

pizapcom13408370213271.jpg

Family ride fail!

We went for a ride through the rolling Lancaster County countryside. We attracted a friendly pit bull that followed us about a mile up the road. I picked him up and rode back down the hill on Higgins holding the dog. I put him back at his house and told him to stay while I attempted a speedy getaway. I hit my spy rocket boosters and POW! snapped my chain. Had to walk and coast back about 3 miles.

So after a returned call from a Craigslist ad I inquired about last night we hit the road and picked this up:
14c87a2f.jpg

Every spy needs a pretty spy lady by his side that he eventually just uses and then she ends up used. Guess what kind of bottom bracket this women's JC Higgins German made bike has! Also has decent antique tires and the same reflector my rear fender has only like brand new. Yes... this lady will get used.

Take a ride over to CT! :D It's only 5 hours away :mrgreen:

Back