NOW SEEN IN FINISHED SECTION! ▓▒░ Higgins the German Spy ░▒▓

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Finished? ▓▒░ Higgins the German Spy ░▒▓ Done?

Peatbog said:
yoothgeye said:
Yeah, but all I did last week was eat bread and ice cream...

Sooooooooooo, how's that weight loss thing going for you? :mrgreen:

Uhhh... no comment. I will however tell you that since quitting my biggest vice (diet soft drinks) I have had 95% less headaches and NO migraines. I miss them like most of us miss our childhood bikes, but I feel so much better.

yoothgeye said:
bike2112 said:
IMG_1203.jpg

YG

Where was this pic taken?!?!?! I need to talk to this guy!!! :D

brett4christ said:
Where was this pic taken?!?!?! I need to talk to this guy!!! :D

Bird In Hand, PA he has a little store front with lots of parts original and reproduction for sale, there are also 2-3 garage bays out back full of stuff. I didn't talk to him but saw him there one day. http://generenninger.com/

tin machine said:
How are you going to ride this bike ? I know your arms are not that long ? :shock:

This has come up many times, so this week I got a photo of my friend (known on RRB as Nelvolks) riding the bike, he is 5'6" or 5' 7":

nelbike.jpg

And I'm 5' 10" my arms actually bend when I ride it! haha

Sick man!!!
I love it!!

Swan Dive! Classic! I never thought I would say this....But....I love the German spy.

SWEET it just looks gooooood!!! 8) :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
Sick man!!!
I love it!!

Joker-n-Jack said:
Swan Dive! Classic! I never thought I would say this....But....I love the German spy.

FatBoy said:
SWEET it just looks gooooood!!! 8) :mrgreen:

tvc15 said:

Thanks guys. I really had planned some extra details but with time running out I think I'm now just looking for some time for a photo shoot and then it will hit the finished section. Photos should be easier this year since I have a kick stand... which you all need to see by the way. :D

Green P1 said:
The only thing I can think of that I'd add to this build would be a Speedometer about halfway up the left ape. Even if it had to be a dummy until you could find a cable long enough to reach... Would be cool to have a speedo right in your line of sight.

Just use a big ole wall clock!

Green P1 said:
The only thing I can think of that I'd add to this build would be a Speedometer about halfway up the left ape. Even if it had to be a dummy until you could find a cable long enough to reach... Would be cool to have a speedo right in your line of sight.

I've got 2 speedometers at the house, but based on riding style on this bike I'd just remove the face and put in a plate that says "Slow."

For rider reference, I'm on the right and Nelvolks is on the left, I'm 5' 10" and he's not there yet.

15869_1286942454291_1252050604_30896651_1184953_n1.jpg

Peatbog said:
Probably shouldn't post pictures like that until after the voting. Just sayin'...

I screwed up the voting for me when I abandoned my initial build to make this thing. :oops:

Yeah, you still ended up with a sweet build. You just lost momentum.

Peatbog said:
Yeah, that really was a bummer you had to switch bikes. I figure that sidecar bike would have been a big time vote sucker-inner.

But you gotta' admit, the bike you have is pretty cool.

I'm still going to finish GI JESSE JAMES, will y'all all vote for it after the build-off?

kingfish254 said:
Yeah, you still ended up with a sweet build. You just lost momentum.

Yeah, I love the German Spy, it's a great rider. I lost momentum because I've been so busy this Summer and continue to be.

Peatbog said:
Might wanna just throw up some bunnies and hope for the best. :mrgreen:

Has that worked for anyone yet? I think I was the only bunny poster last year and I didn't even get into double digit votes! :roll:

Peatbog said:
I think it only works if you actually have a bunny on your bike.

And where would one find such a thing? I already have a swan and an ape.

Latest posts

Back