Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me want to ride the showgirl trail. There are some side hills on thar trail over top of the cliffs like in this video.

A view from showgirl...
20190904_095258.jpg

20190904_095357.jpg

Trail on my left in the right side of the picture. Probably a 70 foot cliff. Funny, that day was 4 hours uphill, and then 45 minutes downhill back to the car.

So I managed to get sick for part of my weekend. The one day I felt ok had to be spent house painting while the weather was dry. But this little beastie did manage to follow me home last night. Probably for winter build-off. The guy said it’s an early ’90s Redline. It may be a 91 according to the serial number but it’s hard to say for sure. Should be a fun project.
IMG_0582.jpeg
IMG_0583.jpeg
IMG_0580.jpeg

So I managed to get sick for part of my weekend. The one day I felt ok had to be spent house painting while the weather was dry. But this little beastie did manage to follow me home last night. Probably for winter build-off. The guy said it’s an early ’90s Redline. It may be a 91 according to the serial number but it’s hard to say for sure. Should be a fun project.
View attachment 252215View attachment 252216View attachment 252217
Not a 91 based just on the 1.125 head tube and the 25/9 gearing

Still a great score

Not a 91 based just on the 1.125 head tube and the 25/9 gearing

Still a great score
That’s kind of what I was thinking too, it looks more new school. I can’t even tell if it’s really a Redline but he was pretty adamant about it. It’s not important, just a point of interest. It’s going to be a custom project not a resto.

As always, really great job by all of our builders and overall a fun time. Good to keep the engagement levels up as peoples riding seasons wind down in certain regions

Voting will open as soon as we can get the polls compiled

We will be rolling out the finalized rule set for the next build off in the coming days. As mentioned before we are continuing to try things and evolve until we can get this 3 build off model really dialed in. Some changes may occur to the 2024 lineup as we review the stats and see what has worked and what needs tweaking

Until next time bike fans
Rubber side down
Chrome won't get you home
Keep your knees in the breeze
Rat on

We will be rolling out the finalized rule set for the next build off in the coming days. As mentioned before we are continuing to try things and evolve until we can get this 3 build off model really dialed in. Some changes may occur to the 2024 lineup as we review the stats and see what has worked and what needs tweaking
What is the next the theme going to be, and when will be starting date?

What is the next the theme going to be, and when will be starting date?

ORBO - OFF ROAD BUILD OFF
  • -Klunker/Bomber/Gravel/MTB... (anywhere from period correct early single speed coaster brake Bomber/Klunker to current carbon frame, hydraulic disc, full suspension Mountain bike)
  • -BMX suitable for an adult to ride, can be set up for park/race/dirt/freestyle. Dealers choice
  • This is not a build-off for your everyday cruiser or your ride to the shops bikes... This is for bikes that are meant to be ridden hard and fast, jumped, skidded and abused in an OFF ROAD setting! Stock Cranbrook with knobbies? Probably not. Go nuts

SWBO - SKINNY WHEEL BUILD OFF
  • Tire (front and rear) width not to exceed 1.5" or 40mm
  • Anything else goes

Competition will run from 12am (midnight) on 1/1/2024 (the start of the new year) until 12pm (noon) on 3/31/2024 (all times are North American Central Time)

Standard rules:

* You are expected to start a build thread in the appropriate class “Build Journal” section showing your starting point and post progress pics as you go.
  • Please don't just build away and expect to jump in at the last second with a finished bike. You can enter at any time before the deadline, but the build must not be finished when you enter!
  • This is a BUILD OFF not a BIKE SHOW. Start from scratch and show us your transformation skills
* Keep a running journal in your thread about your build showing the steps you are taking

* You must post a thread in the appropriate “Finished Bikes” sub forum for your class once your work is complete. Use the same title as your build thread but please, no special characters or fonts. Please make the first photo in your finished thread your top choice as it will be the photo used in the voting process. If your builds rideability is questionable you may be asked to provide a riding video, just to quell that concern

* Multiple entries per class from one builder are allowed, but they must have their own build threads as well as their own finished threads and will be entered for voting separately
* The same bike cannot be entered in both categories even if it conforms to parameters. Pick one and build on

• * Bike must be built within the dates specified. It must not be started before the start date
    • You can gather parts but no physical work should be occurring prior to the start time
  • * Bike must be pedal powered and ridable
  • * Any concerns of eligibility will be at the discretion of management

Back