Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
p4pb25389343.jpg

Little bit for me

We have a medical office building in Fresno that looks like a glass pyramid, upside down, point planted well into the ground.

You can always defy mechanical logic, if you are willing to pay the price. Normally weight and complexity plus $.

Of course it’s always shocking to do such illogical things because they just look wrong. It’s how architects and car designers become infamous.

This one looks lovely. And logical.

This one looks lovely. And logical.
4130 chromely steal hand weilded here in Canada I could hammer nails in with the frame I'm using the same frame for my build

It was created to be “functional art” by a guy that used to be a top fuel fabricator

Hence the use of the drag front wheels
I think its strange and unusual in the very fun way

But I also have a derkef I may use

….. “functional art” ….
= Not useful for racing.

(But then neither is my bike…)

4130 chromely steal hand weilded here in Canada I could hammer nails in with the frame I'm using the same frame for my build
It looks like it was designed by an engineer, and not some “seeker.”

It looks like it was designed by an engineer, and not some “seeker.”
Not some engineer just a guy in his garage that knew what worked

And the point is?

Considering it weighs north of 40# I doubt that was ever even a thought.

It’s different. It’s cool. It’s functional. All things this place embodies
I love how it very unique and like you said half bike half weight

This chromag could work to
p6pb25280316.jpg

Just making something beautiful, complex and different does not alone constitute technical advancement. If that complexity only exists to throw art in the face of science it becomes a burdensome facade.

If the half-a-bike was a really good idea, you’d see a lot of them. Because it was only a really odd idea, you never will.

The 200 hp Chrysler Imperial LeBaron Landau was a magnificent car in its day. Almost Cream of the crop. They sold very few because it was so expensive, and it was thus such a poor idea it nearly bankrupted them.

Packard, Pierce, Peerless . . . all were the most fabulous artistic cars, and all went bankrupt. Not a good idea to go bankrupt.

The 20 hp Ford model T sold 19 million. It was a much inferior car, but everybody could afford one so it was a really great idea. Simple and ugly, but still great.

Remember on paper a bicycle should not work but it does.
It only works in the non-entropic situation where it is an extension of the human. We just can’t model the human part on paper. ;-)

Drawing/modeling a bicycle is pretty easy.

Some People say humans couldn’t have built the great pyramids, but yet somehow there they are. No magic was involved.

A bicycle doesn’t work by magic either, just because people can’t well understand its physics. It only becomes a good working idea as part of the human/bike symbiosis.

Just making something beautiful, complex and different does not alone constitute technical advancement. If that complexity only exists to throw art in the face of science it becomes a burdensome facade.

If the half-a-bike was a really good idea, you’d see a lot of them. Because it was only a really odd idea, you never will.

The 200 hp Chrysler Imperial LeBaron Landau was a magnificent car in its day. Almost Cream of the crop. They sold very few because it was so expensive, and it was thus such a poor idea it nearly bankrupted them.

Packard, Pierce, Peerless . . . all were the most fabulous artistic cars, and all went bankrupt. Not a good idea to go bankrupt.

The 20 hp Ford model T sold 19 million. It was a much inferior car, but everybody could afford one so it was a really great idea. Simple and ugly, but still great.

It only works in the non-entropic situation where it is an extension of the human. We just can’t model the human part on paper. ;-)

Drawing/modeling a bicycle is pretty easy.

Some People say humans couldn’t have built the great pyramids, but yet somehow there they are. No magic was involved.

A bicycle doesn’t work by magic either, just because people can’t well understand its physics. It only becomes a good working idea as part of the human/bike symbiosis.
Got it Ulu is not inspired

download (3).jpeg

Lefty is not for people who are afraid to push boundaries, try new things. Cannondale has been making and successfully selling them for over 20 years. They have multiple versions, from mountain to gravel applications
Ocho_Desktop_Image2.jpg
24.JPG
images.jpeg

There are even a few rigid versions if suspension isn't your thing
download (4).jpeg
download (5).jpeg
download (6).jpeg

View attachment 254638
Lefty is not for people who are afraid to push boundaries, try new things. Cannondale has been making and successfully selling them for over 20 years. They have multiple versions, from mountain to gravel applications View attachment 254636View attachment 254634View attachment 254635
There are even a few rigid versions if suspension isn't your thing
View attachment 254639View attachment 254640View attachment 254641
How many of those sold

Back