Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just don’t all build the same thing.
0E477123-714A-4E95-AE2B-AAE71E5A5DCA.jpeg

I don’t ride when the streets are wet & this happens like three days a year here.
I decided to and then realized I own 8 bicycles and none of them has fenders attached.

I have One Set of fenders (for the Manhattan) hanging on the fence & today they will become more than ornamental.
View attachment 254555

One pair?

I have a whole stash of them in the dry room of our wooden barn, along with sets of the most uninteresting and generally beat up racks, just sitting there.

When I were a lad all my bikes had plastic ones, and of course they eventually cracked and had to be removed, or at least the remaining fragments had to be removed. Eventually I bought a pair of short aluminium ones that at least semi-protected the brakes, and now I only have to waste time aligning other peoples fenders because I cut all mine short.

Only one, and I nearly threw them out last year. I never had a bike with the fenders because I never lived in a place where I wanted to ride in wet weather.
So you never had to ride to school in the rain or snow?

You never had snow crushing up inside your fenders so they eventually cracked?

You never had to push the mud that jammed underneath them with a stick after riding off road?

Arrrgh!

;)

Captain Awesome doesn't have an ahhhhh yes or confused button...or he just respondes with
What?
I have been very polite about not pointing out ingola's spelling and grammar when he responds. It's not like he has a handheld computer to tell him how to write properly or anything...

I have been very polite about not pointing out ingola's spelling and grammar when he responds. It's not like he has a handheld computer to tell him how to write properly or anything...
We've been here before if I put the spell check on it constantly changes the spelling I would really dumb spelling my name wrong

So you never had to ride to school in the rain or snow?

You never had snow crushing up inside your fenders so they eventually cracked?

You never had to push the mud that jammed underneath them with a stick after riding off road?

Arrrgh!

;)
No, never. And I attended 12 different schools from 1960 to 1975. Most of my bicycle riding happened in the desert. Imagine lots of thorns and flat tires.

We almost always lived very close to the school.

Or so far away we had to ride the school bus.

My biggest difficulty is both the frames I like for this had someone start stripping them so I’m going to have to figure out if I leave it alone or winter paint!

Back