My cafe racer build so far

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So post a picture here and say look what I just bought. Parts of mine were in bad shape and to have put it back original would have cost me the same if not more. This being a 175cc is only good for around the neighborhood putting . I'm still looking for a 125cc twin. They made them for a few years around the late 60's early 70's. It will be a real neighborhood scooter if I can find one.

Yeah, I'm of the opinion that the moment you get a bike it should "become yours". I have never left anything as I found it. I improve components to make it more ride-able, make it faster, safer, and look better. Why should motorcycles be any different? Throw originality out the window and have some fun. Unless it's near NOS condition then I ride the wheels off of it.

This one looked pretty bad when I got it. If I didn't do something to it there was no real reason to buy it.

DSCF0002-36.jpg

Yeah I haven't ridden it enough to tell how fast it is. The thing is so loud that till I get my baffles built, I won't be terrorizing my neighbors.

Wow that came out Fine! I like the orange and the twin have you seen Cafe Racer Mag or tv I'v been buying the mags, no hdtv and been thinking about a build. May pick up a friends CB500 this weekend for a project. I just pm'd Skipton about our next Chi ride maybe to the ACE Cafe just a few blocks from Skip only to see it featured in this months Cafe Racer mag.The story was a tribute, its closed! post as many pict as you can I would love to see em.

I still have a couple things to do to it , but I'm happy on how its turned out. I have a few too many irons in the fire. Its hard to focus on several projects at once. Got my baffles built. They are brass.
I want to build a 60's early 70's 125 cc twin into a cafe racer. I haven't found one yet. I am looking. It would have to be a kinda slow bike. I don't think they made a bunch of them for the US. Saw some in Japan. I think they are a cb125 s or something like that. I see some 125 single clyinder bikes...just a regular cb 125 but I have my heart set on a 125 twin. :cry:
Glad you like this one. Its been a fun build.

IMG_0319.jpg

I had planned to stop by and see this cool creation while I was down visiting family at Christmas, but Uncle Stretch was out blowing all of his newfound twinkie and cigaret money at the truck dealer that day. :lol: :lol:

Back