My cafe racer build so far

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are fun and give a way to spend all that extra cash your holding on to.
Well the ol postoffice came through today. Its a day early and I will never say anything bad about them again. They brought me my seat. Gonna take a while to get it right. Have a little designing to do.

DSCF0004-23-1.jpg

Bought a new can of paint so I wouldn't run out and got the wrong one. It is Allis Chalmers orange instead of safety orange. Sprayed a couple coats and liked it better. Had my friend fill in the front holes in the tank. I thought I could make a cover and put a Honda sticker over it. The silly holes are oval so I had them filled up too. Looks pretty good .

DSCF0002-58.jpg

DSCF0004-26.jpg

Thanks guys , glad everybody likes it so far. I'm going slow because I really don't need it , and once I finish ,I won't have anything to do. Well fun stuff that is.

Yeah IRide I see lots of people building cafe racers or bobbers. I wanted something to putt around my neighborhood with. This silly little 175 runs pretty good. Most everybody with any sense will use a 350 or a 400 to do one. They will actually get on the freeway. I don't want to be there anymore. My Valkyrie sits unloved in my garage. I saw Honda made a 125cc twin cylinder bike in the late 60's or early 70's. I tried to find one and the smallest twin I could find was this 73 cl175 so it was what I decided to go with. With straight pipes its unbelievably loud. Gonna have to design some baffles. They made some snuffer knobs for the 305 scrambler in the 60's that you could twist and they were quiet or the other way they were really loud. May make some of them. Still have to buy some rearsets and hookup all the pedals , but I'm really just sitting on my hands on this one. I look at it more than I build. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well almost finished with my cafe racer. I still have to build my baffles and a seat pad and its done.
I guess I could say I quit smoking. Its been 207 days since I had one. Almost 7 months. I'm to the point where They stink when someone smokes around me. Had some tests and found out I have type 2 diabetes . So they gave me a little electronic vampire machine. I have to feed it human blood a couple times a day. Twinkies and ding dongs are gone from my life...so sad. Oh well life goes on. Anyway here is the real close to finished scooter. Probably going to start building a few bikes now.

DSCF0005-17.jpg

DSCF0002-63.jpg

DSCF0003-29.jpg

Looks great. Where you going to put the taillight or is it hidden? Great job on quitting smoking too. It's not an easy thing to do. I know first hand.

As long as they didn't take away your Western movies and spicy food, I think you will live. :wink:

The bike is looking good. Just the right amount of styling.

I think I'm going to run one on the side with the plate or I have seen several with a straight line of led's and then maybe the plate on the side. Yeah it was hard to quit. I used that gum and then the electronic ciggies some. Made quitting easier.

Yeah Clancy I really have had to change what I ate. No more pepsi's, white bread or almost anything that taste good. The westerns aren't the same without twinkies. I found out tonight that riding my bike around the neighborhood fairly fast makes my blood sugar drop really quick. I told Mark I was thinking about making a fixture to hold a snickers on my bars.

Oh man...I'm not sure whether to feel bad for you or laugh at all of this.

The bike looks incredible. I hope you have it finished by the time I come down there for Christmas.

Too bad they don't make Twinkies with Splenda....ha ha. :lol:

Steve you gotta laugh. Its way to crazy to not be funny. Pretty sure I will be done by Christmas. Heck should have a bike finished by then ha ha

Looks great! I just bought a 1975 Honda CB360T. Lots of them are being turned into cafe racers, but probably going to leave this one stock. Thanks!!!

Back