(MMBO #4 Class 1) - Monstaah's Madness

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love seeing your pics Monstaah, brings back memories of tropical Darwin, lived there for over 20 years...

Luke.
well how bout that, seems we've got a bit in common mate, including a first name..lol.. have to admit it's a bit distracting reading some of your posts at times.. so when did you cut out of here mate?.. with a bit of luck before they built the McDonalds I hope. it's really kinda gone down hill since then..

well how bout that, seems we've got a bit in common mate, including a first name..lol.. have to admit it's a bit distracting reading some of your posts at times.. so when did you cut out of here mate?.. with a bit of luck before they built the McDonalds I hope. it's really kinda gone down hill since then..
My wife and I left in 2008, I think all but one of the Macca's was already open by then, my family moved up there in 1982, when I was just one... They were up there before that but got chased out in '74 by Cyclone Tracy, they had no house or anything left, not even any windows in the cars, but they drove on out with the convoys...

Darwin definitely had changed by the time we left, plus we couldn't afford to stay any longer, everything is at least double the price up there, fine if you are working, because the wages are good, but both my wife and I are on a fixed income due to health issues...

Still miss it though...

Luke.

My wife and I left in 2008, I think all but one of the Macca's was already open by then, my family moved up there in 1982, when I was just one... They were up there before that but got chased out in '74 by Cyclone Tracy, they had no house or anything left, not even any windows in the cars, but they drove on out with the convoys...

Darwin definitely had changed by the time we left, plus we couldn't afford to stay any longer, everything is at least double the price up there, fine if you are working, because the wages are good, but both my wife and I are on a fixed income due to health issues...

Still miss it though...

Luke.
Nah, I'm afraid to say your the winner mate.. sounds like you got out at just the right time, the only thing to be missing round here now is the weather!.. fact is if I didn't have a housing commission place myself I'd be gone as well and the weather is the only thing i'd be missing..
anyways say no more and we'll leave it there mate before it gets to far off topic..

Those 24's are crazy on there, first bump that compresses the fork and bye bye paint job on the base tube! :confused:

Glad you are going 26's, even then, it will only add an inch to your ride height!

Luke.

Yep..lol.. I love the shape of this frame but it is definitely WAY to low.. I've seen some photos of the bottom of a few of these so I know what I'm in for, is all good.. have had to build an extension to be able to mount the monark fork into this thing as the head tube is longer than the fork is designed for so will be locking it all down rigid, it's just gonna be for show..

It seems only fitting that an electric bike will have sparks coming from the frame.................when I hits.

ok, so seem to have lost my motivation, with luck i'll find it in the cupboard or the fridge sometime soon..:nod: I've been busy playing the hurry up and wait game on some parts from ebay which has a tendency to dampen my enthusiasm..

anyways in all seriousness I need to ask ya'll where this puts me? do I need to switch to class 2?. I've got some other nifty tricks up my sleeve that I was planning to keep quiet till they're done but this might be the right time to ask. I've got a plan for a faring to hide the battery and motor, also planning a dummy tank.. these will all be made with some heavy gauge aluminium wire and some thermo plastic I've got laying around along with some electrics for cooling.. let me know what ya think fellas as I don't wanna rustle any feathers..

I'm no judge, read the rules and then where do you think you should be? I've been in the last two MBBO's and I welded on my bikes a bit, so I always jumped into class 2 without even thinking about it. So far this time my build is a class 1 but I've been known to change things up at the last minute.... looking good by the way...

Carl.

I'm no judge, read the rules and then where do you think you should be? I've been in the last two MBBO's and I welded on my bikes a bit, so I always jumped into class 2 without even thinking about it. So far this time my build is a class 1 but I've been known to change things up at the last minute.... looking good by the way...

Carl.

Thanks Carl. it's a bit of a problem I didn't foresee, I could have gone with some saddle brackets and left the frame alone, it just wouldn't be that safe and would've needed fixing later.. guess i'll hang in here and see how others feel about it, not fussed either way..:)

I'm happy for it to stay Class 1. Looks like only a minor frame change to me... No structural changes, no geometry changes that sort of thing...

Class 1: SuperStock/Mild Custom, only minor frame changes are allowed (tidying the top of a seat pole, removing a brake bridge, that kind of thing.) but anything that bolts on, including forks, can be modified as much as you want.

Luke.

I'm happy for it to stay Class 1. Looks like only a minor frame change to me... No structural changes, no geometry changes that sort of thing...

Class 1: SuperStock/Mild Custom, only minor frame changes are allowed (tidying the top of a seat pole, removing a brake bridge, that kind of thing.) but anything that bolts on, including forks, can be modified as much as you want.

Luke.

aah cool, thanks Luke.. gotta admit my mind was sticking on the mild custom and removing a brake bridge as about the equivalents..

aah cool, thanks Luke.. gotta admit my mind was sticking on the mild custom and removing a brake bridge as about the equivalents..
That was my thinking too...

Luke.

Latest posts

Back