(MBBO#04 Class 1) Fritz Fifty Krate Done Right, update 10 finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_6687_zpsbiq8qthg.jpg

OK what will it be 20 inch front wheel or a 16 inch :39:
IMG_6686_zpsmvyz2ywq.jpg
Cool bike I would have to go with the 16"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That white is nice. After messing with mine today (it's flat white base coat) I was thinking how awesome Duplicolor color effex clear would look on it... it's a fine multicolor glitter in clearcoat. It looks awesome on everything I've tried it on. Might be worth looking into...

Carl.

Last edited:
That white is nice. After messing with mine today (it's flat white base coat) I was thinking how awesome Duplicolor color effex clear would look on it... it's a fine multicolor glitter in clearcoat. It looks awesome on everything I've tried it on. Might be worth looking into...

Carl.
Good idea Carl you just don't see white that much for some reason, maybe people think it looks plain but white gives it a clean crisp look . Throw in some glitter & even better got to have some glitter on a muscle . My bike will definitely have plenty of glitter on it . [emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man she's looking good, got her all dressed up with some new decals
IMG_7152_zps85lk6fxn.jpg

IMG_7153_zpsz1zn0any.jpg

IMG_7151_zpsw1zx8ykg.jpg

IMG_7155_zpsofc8uckp.jpg

Awesome contrast! Looking sweet!

Alright so I hit a little wall, the first go around of powder-coating was put on to thick. So when I started rebuilding the bike is was denting and scratching like crazy, way more the powder-coat should but all in all no harm was done the powder-coater redid the bike free of charge, and is looks much better.
IMG_7157_zpsmwaxqtek.jpg

One question I have about water-slide decals is, should I clear-coat over them. yes or no ?
IMG_7158_zpsrpejyk1p.jpg

Waterslide decals printed on an ink jet printer will definitely need clear coat, otherwise the print will just run off with the slightest sign of moisture (rain, washing etc) the ink has to be sealed in.
If they were not printed with ink, ie. laser printer, Alps printer, screen printed etc, they should be ok with moisture, but you may still want to clearcoat to protect them from wear'n'tear.

On my way to finishing this project, got it all prepped for clear coating the decals, once I put a few light coats on I'll start putting the bike together.
IMG_7161_zpsfrckk3fr.jpg

IMG_7162_zpsizzabtjb.jpg

Latest posts

Back