Mad Wagon AKA......Cycle Flyer Transporter ITS DONE 6/9/09

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cycle Flyer Transporter ...AKA Psycho Truck

Thanks for the great comments on this thing, you'll see in the next week or so when I am completly finished that its simialar to Karfer's Ratty Truck, but completly different at the same time. I flat out stole the bell idea from Karfer, and I am not sorry....LOL!

Re: Cycle Flyer Transporter ...6/1 Progress

Finished the "basket" today got the front light mount to it just need to run the power to the light. Mounted the tail light. After riding it for a couple of miles I decided to rebuild and lace in a 2 speed Kickback hub I had laying around. Just got it rebuilt might lace it in tomarrow.

Front Basket
IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

Old Spot light I found at a Antique Store
IMG_0260.jpg

Rebuilding hub
IMG_0252-1.jpg

Rebuilt Hub
IMG_0256-1.jpg

Blue band is now a Orange Band
IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

Tail Light Mount
IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

Re: Cycle Flyer Transporter...Updated Progress Photos 6/1

like i said before its all good i am honored that you thought my ride was cool enough to do your own version of. one day we need to get them together nose to nose that would be a cool pic. suprised you did not go for dual headlights. and yea there were some that thought i should have had a rack on the ratty truck but i decided to try and make the bike look a bit more racy. sorta like the ratrod trucks you see running around with the 4 foot long by 6" deep beds. not much of a truck anymore lol. i dig it

Re: Cycle Flyer Transporter...Updated Progress Photos 6/1

Laced up the 2 speed overdrive, built a new mount for the tail light and I am trying out some cross brace Flyer bars, any and all comments on the bars would be helpful since I am completly lost on the aspect of the bike Thanks.

2 Speed Bendex Overdrive

IMG_0252-2.jpg

Tail light mount

IMG_0253-2.jpg

IMG_0259-1.jpg

IMG_0256-2.jpg

Flyer Bars

IMG_0257-2.jpg

Hey the Karfer I think it would be awsome to get these two together. Thanks again for all the inspiration.

Re: Cycle Flyer Transporter...Updated Progress Photos 6/3

only thing that jumps out at me would be the need to lower the seat but i like that low in the weeds look which is tough to pull off on a cycle truck. i think your doing fine i dig black and orange just look at my 62 ranchero which is slowly changing to that color combo.

I've been eyeing the Black stem on my 92 trek mtb, just can muster the guts to take it off. Believe it or not this is the second bike I have with that spocket, it really isn't that bad to ride, just along as I going down hill! :wink:

This is my daily rider/Denver Cruiser Club Bike its 1946 Sterling Made by Columbia If I can get a clear shot of the badge I post it, it reads "built like a watch"

IMG_0260-1.jpg

Yes Karfer's Bell Idea even made it on this bike

IMG_0269.jpg

Although the 8 Ball is too heavy and insted of it going Ding Dong, it just goes Ding!!!

my big problem was the weight of the arm i wanted to use. i asume you also have issues with the arm swaying back and forth a bit with that 8 ball on there? but man that looks so cool and as for your gearing all i gotta say is your a better man than i :mrgreen: i am lazy and shoot i thought i was running tall gearing on the ratty truck with the aluminum 52t silver king sprocket. you got me beat bad but i would toss something on the sprocket like some writing or pinstripes. it is so big and flat just asking for something

The bell on the cycle truck is better then the 8 ball, but yes they both flap around, I used 1/8" x 3/4" Aluminum to make both arms and then epoxyed and smash riveted the to the bell's thumb plate. However I came down further(almost to the bell body)and used a extra rivet on the Cycle truck thus helping stay more ridgid. The Sterling is so low to the ground with those Schwinn Exercycle Cranks the when you corner you have to make sure the pedal is up or up dig it into the ground. Thats not a optical ellusion the pedal is only 2-3" off the ground.

heck thats about as low as the pedals are on my build off bike. i noted with my bell that the floping was really not the handle just the flimsy metal that the actuall bell thumb plate is made out of

Re: Mad Wagon AKA.....Cycle Flyer Transporter

I don't have pictures yet but the bike took a huge step backwards this weekend and is now a mire shadow of what it used to be. I decided to change a few things, all right a lot of things even its RRBBO4 Name, but its almost complete. So I'll post pics. in the next couple of days,once I get the handlebars figured out..

This is my daily rider/Denver Cruiser Club Bike its 1946 Sterling Made by Columbia If I can get a clear shot of the badge I post it, it reads "built like a watch"

IMG_0260-1.jpg

hey a denver cruiser huh! are you going to ride in the tour de fat this year?
Were making the drive to fort collins in sept for there tour. maybe see you and your club there... i met a couple members last year, dont remember names tho!
bike looking great by the way!

Re: Mad Wagon AKA......Cycle Flyer Transporter

This bike is bad *ss, I've got a 1939/40 Roadmaster cycle truck That I was going to do the same thing...fork wise! I thought about triple trees like 2 years ago, but never got around to it! This makes me want to finish it! Thanks for the inspiration!
Your bike kicks *ss ! GERRY D. FBK.

jon said:
hey a denver cruiser huh! are you going to ride in the tour de fat this year?
Were making the drive to fort collins in sept for there tour. maybe see you and your club there... i met a couple members last year, dont remember names tho!
bike looking great by the way!

My wife and I do both the Fort Collins and Denver Tour. The Denver one is pretty cool because you go through Downtown and just snarl traffic. Its not quite as big as the Ft. Collins ride maybe 2000+ rider insted of 5000+ but just as fun. But yes we will be there.

Re: Mad Wagon AKA......Cycle Flyer Transporter

Its Done, unless I get another idea and change it once more!

This is from Saturday Changed out the platform to a old Schlitz Crate I found at a swap meet

IMG_0253-3.jpg

IMG_0254-2.jpg

IMG_0252-3.jpg

Battery Box

IMG_0255-1.jpg

IMG_0265-1.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Yes I am using 12v drill batteries for the weight and easy recharging

I surrender, the big Sprocket was just too hard to pedal up hill with all the weight

IMG_0258-1.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

New Bell Design, wanted to be a little differnt then karfer's, I was going to do the arm like a Ed Rath Rat Fink bike model, but it flopped around too much. I utilized the extra Boss on the frame for the Basket supports

IMG_0270.jpg

New Tail light from a 1937 Ford, with blue Dot

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

Wire Routing through the Frame

IMG_0262-1.jpg

IMG_0263-1.jpg

Early 90's Salsa MTB Stem

IMG_0278.jpg

Overall

IMG_0269-1.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

the crate looks awesome, i think the wood color really goes well with the color scheme of your cycle truck :D

Back