Last Shot finally finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Stretch said:
Ok Deorman I'll play along ..what is an olive drab headjoint stencil? :shock: :roll:
Ok, this one is white, maybe I should have said head stock
DSC_0013.jpg

Oh ok I call it a neck ,but what do I know. I'm not real crazy about the chain stays and seat stays terminology either. I prefer rear triangle.and them back bars . :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
basman33 said:
Hmmmm, should I be flattered?
I would hope so. I tried to do my build in a style that complimented your bike. I gave you the credit for a once in a lifetime design. I know your probably to busy to talk to someone from nowheres Texas, but I sure would like too. In my opinion you have created the best bike around.

NOW I AM! Very flattered! Hehe....
I just saw your other posts and that made all clear to me. Thanks for the kind words.
BTW: basman bikes/frames and parts are hitting the streets of the USA already ;). More info on http://www.basman33.com and http://www.project346.com

Hey Bas.....definitely take my Uncle's copy as a compliment.

He's not into selling his bikes...he's just honing his skill set.

Search through some of his other posts on the bikes he's built from scratch...you'll be impressed. :wink:

NOW I AM! Very flattered! Hehe....
I just saw your other posts and that made all clear to me. Thanks for the kind words.
BTW: basman bikes/frames and parts are hitting the streets of the USA already ;). More info on http://www.basman33.com and http://www.project346.com

From trying to design my own special frame , I know how much work you must have put into building yours. I feel like you have accomplished alot. I know once you build something and its a big hit ,that everybody is trying to profit from your design. I built mine out of appreciation for the design. No money gains on my part. Its really fantastic and even though I can look at it and build most anything ,I couldnt get it exactly like yours. I was impressed from the start , and If I could have found one here I probably would have bought one. I tried to go to your basman33.com site and within a minute it redirects you to some site you cant get away from. You might check it sometime. Thanks again for producing something that I had so much fun building, and I hope you understand it was flattery on my part and nothing malicious. :lol:

I will probably try your bike/design when things warm up a little. Whats one more bike in the scheme of things. :lol:

Dangit...been down with the worst flue I've had in years the past week, so I had to mis out on the unveiling of this gorgeous bike...well done Paul, I am loving it 8) even the colour :lol: and ofcourse Bas has to be flattered with your "copy" - in music, if other bands cover your song, no matter how you take it, it must be a good song :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see what you build around those art deco handlebars !

Hey thanks Ace. Its actually made me ride bikes. It makes me happy everytime I get on it. I really wish I had come up with the design. Its just pipe, but when you look at it sitting there it looks fast whether its moving or not. All my neighbors like it too. :lol: There may be one more build in me,who knows. :roll: :roll: Sorry about you flu. Hope you get better.

betterpics001.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
when you look at it sitting there it looks fast whether its moving or not.

I noticed the same on my Basman, and I think I cracked it: in a very cartoonesque way, if you picture the seat as the head, and the seatstay tube as the body, you can see the arms and legs of the rear triangle touching behind the back, moving forward in a scare trying not to get burned by the rear tire :mrgreen: either that, or my fever has not gone down yet :lol:

Mine is in the house and I look at it all the time. If you look at the bike pleinelune that Bas built you can see this design for this one was a modified version of that one. I know that one was special to him ,and I can see he had this design in his mind. I am so envious that I appearantly don't have anything to come up with that comes anywhere near to a good design. Maybe sometime if I keep drawing bikes I will hit it.
That flu is so much fun. I had it a couple times....I didn't eat anything for a couple weeks. I lived on pepsi's and ciggarettes. Not a healthy diet , but I did't die. Those little moon things in my fingernails turned bright purple.....had really weird dreams too. Gee if I was just designing bikes then. :( :(

Amazing builds you have Uncle Stretch seeing what you've done has totally inspired me to learn how to weld I plan to take some classes soon and hopefully get good enough to make some frames that I could be proud of. Hat's off to your extraordinary skill and I look forward to see more from a true craftsman.

sfcycocustom said:
Amazing builds you have Uncle Stretch seeing what you've done has totally inspired me to learn how to weld I plan to take some classes soon and hopefully get good enough to make some frames that I could be proud of. Hat's off to your extraordinary skill and I look forward to see more from a true craftsman.

Hey thanks ...glad you like them. I always try to get everybody to build their own frames. Its not that hard and welding is something that can be picked up pretty quick, and then its just practice. I got my shop cleaned and rearranged so maybe I can squeeze one more build in. I have a Honda 125 I'm going to pull off and old three wheeler ,so If I can get it to run the next one may be a motorized . Then the challenge will be to build something that will still look cool with a motor.

look forward to that honda build i have a honda not a three wheeler but my RC51 is the meanest sounding vtwin sport bike around. looked up classes for welding at a nearby school thecrucuble.org and they offer a bike frame building class but the pre-requesits are introduction to TIG and introduction to turning and milling. looks like i'm gonna be busy next fall.

Most high schools offer a basic welding course . They are a couple nights a week,and the charge is usually small to cover the materials. Look for continuing education and see if anybody near you offers it. I don't know if I would take a tig class for my first one. A used TIG is about $800 if you can find a good used one ,and alot of the time around a $1000. You can find cheap MIGs for a couple hundred and they work fine for building frames, and they run on 110v too so no need to rewire your stuff to use one.
The silly Honda motor is 15'' wide and would look stupid on a bicycle....that idea is out. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back