Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/2 Nexus 7 Bike Free????

kingfish254 said:
Picked up another bike with a Nexus 7 wheelset on it. The price was right where I think I can change out the wheelset and sell the bike for what I paid for it. End result should be a free Nexus 7 wheelset.

Also picked up a car bike rack to flip.

WP_001009.jpg

haha king, you barter king.. xD
what you pay for that like $100?

hah well good luck, its always cool to make bank on things people want..

like i bet you got my 5spd stingray for a steal and made a buck off me :p thats just part of the fun of the bike building hobby, make some bucks doing something you love huh ? :D 8)

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/2 Nexus 7 Bike Free????

iven said:
haha king, you barter king.. xD
what you pay for that like $100?

hah well good luck, its always cool to make bank on things people want..

like i bet you got my 5spd stingray for a steal and made a buck off me :p thats just part of the fun of the bike building hobby, make some bucks doing something you love huh ? :D 8)

I paid closer to $200 for this one. It's a very nice frame and components. It's always fun flipping for parts or for cash.
I did make some profit from the StingRay I sold you, but not as much as I could have by parting it out. If I remember right, you were a tough negotiator and worked me down quite a bit on the price, so we both won out on that deal! :D

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/2 Folda Rola

Picked up this little cutie at a yard sale last weekend. Anyone want to trade anything for it?
It looks like it is from the 1950s-60s and it's called a Folda Rola.
(SOLD)

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/2 Folda Rola 2/5 Headbadges

Picked these two cool Indian and Western Flyer headbadges from Smoopy

indianbadge_zps01b334ee.jpg

flyerbadge_zps3b82ce29.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/5 Headbadges + Monark tank

Cool Monark tank with custom mesh grill. I think this will fit a Manton and Smith frame I have.
TRADED
mon8447736407_ed7169a41e_b.jpg

mon8447734813_eca9055bd5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/10 Park Hammer + Handcuffs + Bike Shop

Picked up a Park Hammer for $1 and also got this other stuff.

WP_001083.jpg

A few months back I picked up some BOA-G tires from a car dealer that also still had a bike shop that he was winding down.
I finally got around to going back because I want to buy some of the tools and some other parts.
He wants to make room for his muscle car collection (which includes this sweet Trans Am).
Hopefully I can make a deal for the tools and the parts. Still early and no numbers have been discussed yet. Wish me luck.

WP_001082.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Picked up a Park Hammer for $1 and also got this other stuff.
WP_001083.jpg
A Park hammer for a buck?! What a bargain! And you picked up some assorted sundries too. All you're missing is Col. Mustard and the library. You've got all the rest! :lol:

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/9 Park Hammer + Handcuffs + Bike Shop

Well it doesn't look like I will be getting a lot of bike shop stuff. Turns out the owner is still selling off his stuff a bit at a time on his own via ebay which makes sense if he has the time too.

I still hope to be able to get a few tools and maybe some tires for personal use though. Probably just as well. Where would I put all that stuff anyway.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/12 Love me some Girvin

girvin1.gif

Had to steal this pic from Steve.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/13 Love me some Girvin Noleen ProFlex

This popped up on the local CL last night. I sent an email 3 minutes afterwards, but I have been frantically waiting to pick it up since then.
They were asking less for this bike than the Wally World Roadmaster they had.

K2 ProFlex 3000 with carbon rear and Noleen (Girvin) fork.
(PARTED out the bike Kept the forks)
(USED Girvin fork on BO9 starsNbars)

WP_001089.jpg

WP_001092.jpg

Last edited:

After I dropped off my Proflex at the house, I picked up these two leftovers from a yard sale I went to this weekend. I really just wanted the big Persons seat, mustache bars, and bear trap pedals from the Puch Mixte. These will clean up well and be easy low effort - low profit flips. Felt good to help out the couple that I bought them from. They are expecting in a couple of weeks.

Puch Mixte
(SOLD after I swapped pedals, seat, and bars.)
(SOLD Saddle)
(SOLD pedals)
(SOLD bars)

WP_001095.jpg

Free Spirit lugged bike
(SOLD)

WP_001094.jpg

Last edited:

For $10, I just couldn't resist adding this ugly Chernobyl Booger Green saddle in my recent clearance shipment from Electra.
I have no idea what this might end up on. Maybe I will use it with a green Electra wheelset.
(SOLD)

IMG_1591.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/14 Chernobyl Booger Green Saddle

EDITED

Ratfink1962 said:
Take a close look at those pedals on the Puch mixte.... if they are Suntour XC-II you just scored!

Are they valuable even well worn?

Ratfink1962 said:
Take a close look at those pedals on the Puch mixte.... if they are Suntour XC-II you just scored!

Yep, These appear to be Suntour. I can't see any other numbers, but they look like XC-II's
Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Back