Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 1/27 Dana 3 Speed

Tater said:
21 speeds is not enough. In addition to the Dana, toss a derailleur and a ten-speed cassette on that nexus hub and top it out at 210 speeds. :mrgreen:

Stop! Math. It. Hurts. Brain. Owwww.

Going out in the shop now to hide tools on bike saddles.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 1/27 Dana 3 Speed + Columbia Tank

Getting this wicked Columbia tank to go on my 1953 3 Star Deluxe
(USED on Firewing)

tank1-2_zpsa60f14a5.jpg

CRASH said:
Did you leave any Electra parts for anyone else, or do we have to buy directly from you from now on?

ElectraKingfish.

I waited late to buy more, but I just couldn't leave those Nexus 7+8 wheels sitting there.

Onewheelsqueel said:
Those Dana's are cool. Didnt realize they freewheel.

I didn't either until I read GSC's build with the Hemi Dana.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 1/28 Bike Friday

Had a biz trip that I was driving too, so I scouted the CL ads beforehand. Thankfully the sellers didn't have any photos posted and had a cheaper model named with a higher price. The end result was no one else got this deal before me. It's a Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro. This model probably sold for around $2K plus new. Very high end hand made bikes from Portland with great resale value. I am pretty confident I will clear more than I did on the carbon Trek.

Here it is in my hotel room.

WP_001000.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 1/28 Bike Friday on a Monday

Looks like I already broke the Bike Friday. :p

WP_001002.jpg

yoothgeye said:
Those are nice.

I just called up Bike Friday with the serial number and it is a 2005 model that originally sold for 5.5 times what I paid for it!!! It was brought back in to BF in 2010 and was sent back through the assembly line for a complete factory repaint (different color), upgraded, and overhaulled. The profit on this one may very well be double what I made from the carbon Trek. :shock: :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice find. How's it ride?

I haven't even ridden it yet other than around the sellers driveway. Too busy doing actual work on this biz trip.
The quality really stands out on this bike. I have had many higher end Dahons, but this one beats those for sure.
Similar geometry to a full size roadie, but nimble with the little wheels.

kingfish254 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

I haven't even ridden it yet other than around the sellers driveway. Too busy doing actual work on this biz trip.
The quality really stands out on this bike. I have had many higher end Dahons, but this one beats those for sure.
And a much lower stand over height so less likely to loose the family jewels while riding.

outskirtscustoms said:
kingfish254 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

And a much lower stand over height so less likely to loose the family jewels while riding.

Yep, not likely to lose my deep voice. Bike Friday has complete history of the bike from the serial number. Looks like it is a equivalent 58cm size frame. Chris King headset, Shimano Ultegra component group, 9 speed cassette with two rings up front.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 1/26 Trailer, baskets, wheel

kingfish254 said:
Picked up some flip material today.
Converted bike cargo trailer, new wald front basket, new wald rear double basket, taped drop bars with dia0compe aero brakes, new fender set, new Kona front wheel, handlebars, seatpost
WP_000966.jpg

There were a couple of weird little spider doo-dads in with this pile of bike stuff. I finally got around to googling and found out they are Breffo Spiderpodiums. I can actually use these on the bike and in the car and with cameras and such. Pretty slick little "why didn't I think of that!" gadget.

http://www.google.com/search?q=breffo&h ... B500%3B375

breffo.jpg

I wonder how well they would work with a GoPro?

kingfish254 said:
I wonder how well they would work with a GoPro?

I'll stick to my GoPro mounts, but for a cruise around town I'd like to have one for my phone.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/2 Nexus 7 Bike Free????

Picked up another bike with a Nexus 7 wheelset on it. The price was right where I think I can change out the wheelset and sell the bike for what I paid for it. End result should be a free Nexus 7 wheelset.

Also picked up a car bike rack to flip.

(SOLD - Did the unbuild of this and cleared $100 plus free nexus 7 wheelset and otehr parts)
(SOLD bike rack)
(SOLD Nexus 7 wheelset)

WP_001009.jpg

Last edited:
Back