Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/14 Chernobyl Booger Green Saddle

RatSphinx said:
How about some close-up pics, so we can all keep a look-out for 'em.

I'll post better photos tonight. Here are photos I took of the pedals, bars, and saddle

(SOLD)

WP_001099.jpg

(SOLD)

WP_001098.jpg

(SOLD)

WP_001097.jpg

WP_001096.jpg

Last edited:

CCR said:
Thats a super wide seat if I ever seen one !!!

Yep, its truly a bigiss foot by foot saddle!

RatSphinx said:
What makes them have value?

Ratfink1962 said:
Take a close look at those pedals on the Puch mixte.... if they are Suntour XC-II you just scored!

Take a look at ebay, original (late 70's early 80's) Suntour XC II's even in beat up condition aren't cheap. Nos versions are bringing in several hundred $. Why?? I believe its because they were used on the original Klunker / Mountain bikes. Kinda like the price of old school bmx stuff, the early MTB stuff is following suit.

usually us cruiser guys dont mess with 9/16" stuff, but they are highly sought after.

But... be aware that the XC II's have been copied many times over, since they are so popular. I would LOVE to own them since I am building a Klunker that Im trying to use all the correct parts. But I probably cant afford them. I have a set of re-pops Ill be using until I can score a OG set.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/15 GT Dyno Air

Picked up this GT Dyno Air from CL after work.

(SOLD parted out)

IMG_1601.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/15 GT Dyno Air

I wonder how to identify which vintage my Suntour XC's are?
Here are some photos.
(SOLD)

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

And here are some more photos of the 12" x 12" Persons saddle
(SOLD)

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/16 Cool Delta Tank Lights

Picked up three of these from yeshoney tonight. Gonna use one of the lenses for my Golden Flyer tank and the others will be used sometime in the future. These are very well made and so bug eyed cool.

SOLD all but 1 of these lights
5Deltas1_zps5fe69926.jpg

5Deltas2_zpsfe957605.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/16 Cool Delta Tank Lights

Picking up this nanner in a trade. I like the bend in it. Not your typical nanner.
(USED for Firewing)

0127131225_01_zpsf6d823db.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/21 Higgins Skirts Rack Chainguard

Picked this up from a RRBer to add to my tire collection
24x3 Kenda Flames
SOLD
WP_001118.jpg

Last edited:

Decided to splurge with the profit from the GT ZR 5.0 road bike sale.
Bought this set of Higgins Rack, Skirt Guards, and Chainguard
Not bad for free.
T2eC16NHJHIE9nyseGiBRGYdOsJDg60_57.jpg

I knew I was swimmin with some big fish when I went after that bait, didn't know it was you Kingfish! :shock:
I'm glad you got 'em, at least we might get to see them used in a new kinda way.

late for dinner said:
I knew I was swimmin with some big fish when I went after that bait, didn't know it was you Kingfish! :shock:
I'm glad you got 'em, at least we might get to see them used in a new kinda way.

Well, you know it won't be on a restore. And it probably won't be on my Build Off 8 bike either.
I didn't plan to spend $140 on them, but just a few days ago I cleared $150 profit on the GT ZR road bike (that I washed and flipped). I figured what the heck, and popped that in as my max bid.

I got out of your way long before that. Not a resto, not the build off.....Nice to have around just in case you need em though.
I hear you on 'bike bucks' being like found money sometimes. Great splurge item.

I wonder how they would look on my El Guapo?

Hey Kingfish if you decide to paint those I have a house painted set maybe we could swap for? Save that OG finish :wink:

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/26 FOURTEEN 14 BIKES!!!!

I saw a local CL ad that a guy was unloading his bikes because he couldn't work on them anymore. Ended up meeting a very cool guy in his 70s, that due to back issues, just couldn't tinker and flip bikes anymore. I bought all 14 of his bikes from him and we both walked away from the deal feeling it was fair. He loved Raleighs and old steel road bikes. Nothing cruiser or rat rod, but some awesome flipper fodder for me. One tall unidentified old French roadie (now fixie) even has a complete set of Mafac Racer center pull brakes with lever hoods and all. Another has a like new Nexus 7 rear and Nexus Dyno front. Raleigh Technium in the mix too. This is gonna be fun!!!!

SOLD 9 out of 14 so far

WP_001146.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/26 FOURTEEN 14 BIKES!!!!

yoothgeye said:
Any loose parts in the deal?

No, someone raided his parts the day before. They even got some Campy stuff.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/27 GhostriderFattiOs+Shifter

Picked this up from RRBer today. Nice set of 24x3 polished silver Electra Ghostrider wheels with Nexus 3 speed along with Fatti O tires and a Project 356 shifter.
(USED Project 356 shifter on Firewing)

24Nexus.jpg

shifter_zps93c68b3b.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/27 50 tires + Park Tools + Parts

Finally was able to meet up with the bike guy for the car dealer that was selling off some of his tools and old stock.
Picked up about 50 tires, a gaggle of Park specialty tools, a Park truing stand, a spoke threader and a gang of spokes, a nanner and sissy bar, a gang of tubes, about 8 boxes of cabling, some SS freewheels, some threadless headsets, some single brakes, and I foget what else.

A few of the tires are rat rod cool, but a lot of them are just what I needed for some of the flip bikes I bought yesterday.

Back