Just FINISHED A New Project - '53 Schwinn. (update 06.09.07)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm starting this new two bar bike project. Its a 26" and has a couple dings/dents here and there that Im gonna fill in. the frame is straight and ready. Im still not sure how I want this bike to look exactly.

Here's a picture before the paint stripping.
05-11-07_1714.jpg

And here's a progress picture. I still have the back half to sand, but I quickly mock'd up a tire and small fender combo.
05-14-07_2005.jpg

More pics to come. :mrgreen:

thanks. For colors I think Im gonna with "rust" colors. Browns, Tans, Creams, Black, Orange. Not all of those colors but a couple shades of rust. The tire I took off my other bike. I got that tire from a local bike shop and its a Felt brand Creme color tire.

Would you guys consider this a RAT???

Here's the latest. I was anxious to see it start to come to life, so I mocked it up quickly. Nothing is screwed on or anything. I cut the tank out of cardboard just to use as a template for now. I primed the frame a rust color with small dark brown accents. Im gonna put a matte clear on the entire bike (What do you guys think? Leave it or Matte Clear?). Its coming along slowly.

rsz_P1010004.jpg

rsz_P1010006.jpg

More update pics to follow

lookin good. the brown accent is perfect. The brown tires with black rims is wicked. I would consider this a rootbeer rat. Leave the primer as is. It shows scuffs and rubs making the paint look aged quicker.

Clancy

Great build so far. I look forward to seeing the finished ride. Those truss rod forks are sweet. They give the front of the bike a real "I Mean Business" look.

-Mp

*psssssst - your front tire is flat :mrgreen:

Easy Skywalker said:
Very nice! The colours are great, the black rims and brown tires are killer!

Thanks for all the great comments everyone. More is still to come. The tank hasnt begun yet, besides the template tank, but I invision it to be wicked.

skywalker, I picked up the tires from a local bike shop in L.A. http://www.metropolistransport.com/home.html they had the tires in stock.
Theres a place in Calgary Alberta Canada that has them listed on their website but its very pricey. More than double what I paid. http://www.chainganglowrider.com/Part%20-%20Tires.htm

cheers

Back