TRADITIONAL 🅵🅾🅾🅻🅸🅶🅰🅽 - 1930s Elgin Oriole

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you’re gonna let the bike lead the way on styling but that beehive is just…

Yum Yum Chefs Kiss GIF by Nick Jonas

While I was posting the fork pics, my bud Chris asked if I was up for a night ride. So I rolled Speed Demon out. We saw a container ship after we stopped for some water pics. We also met a cool bike life dude that was here from Puerto Rico when he came over to see our bikes.

20240502_205423.jpg
20240502_210828.jpg

Yes, the fork steertube is bent, plus it has a chunk of the stem frozen inside. I was thinking of using a springer anyway.
Your post was perfect timing. I had brought 3 springers home from my stash the other day and had just taken them out of the car earlier tonight .

View attachment 264010View attachment 264011View attachment 264012View attachment 264013View attachment 264014View attachment 264015View attachment 264016

Man, THREE grail springer-forks?!? My eyes are turning green 😉

That particular style of beehive springer is one of my all-time favorite parts 😍

I like the scaffold fork the best out of the mockups. Beehive is lovely (of course), and the Evan-action needs a weight balance (imho) like a tank or something?

20190514_154938-01.jpeg

20181205_223455.jpg

Last edited:
That Evan fork looks beautiful in its own. Piece of art.
The Beehive fork and the black fork too, gorgeous!

But in my humble opinion it really depends on the rest of the bike in final assembly. The Evan needs a bit more 'balancing', since it looks heavy.

Man, I would love a 'stash tour' :grin:

Yes, the fork steertube is bent, plus it has a chunk of the stem frozen inside. I was thinking of using a springer anyway.
Your post was perfect timing. I had brought 3 springers home from my stash the other day and had just taken them out of the car earlier tonight .

View attachment 264010View attachment 264011View attachment 264012View attachment 264013View attachment 264014View attachment 264015View attachment 264016
I'd go with the beehive the evens gets lost
And the last one the frame disappears
The beehive can hold a beer by the way

Really like the orange one for some reason. So the stash is at an undisclosed location? If you take somebody there do you put a bag over their head until they’re inside? 😃 Serriously tho. Where does everything go when it’s not in the garden?
I've been to Savannah. Even asked to see the stash. Ain't gonna happen! :bigsmile:

Really like the orange one for some reason. So the stash is at an undisclosed location? If you take somebody there do you put a bag over their head until they’re inside? 😃 Serriously tho. Where does everything go when it’s not in the garden?

I know you’re gonna let the bike lead the way on styling but that beehive is just…

Yum Yum Chefs Kiss GIF by Nick Jonas

I'd go with the beehive the evens gets lost
And the last one the frame disappears
The beehive can hold a beer by the way
I'm with the Beehive crowd all the way! Plus it's orange, and you're building an Oriole....

I was going to say stretch out the beehive too, but the curvature of the Evansaction follows the curve of the downtube nicely, so it gets my vote.

View attachment 264095
Can't deny it. Evans and Elgin really nailed that curve, design-wise.

Screenshot_2017-05-26-09-23-56-1.png

If the bike turns out as beautiful as its surroundings, you'll be the winner!

Queenfish will be happy to hear that compliment. Of course she absolutely hates looking down into the courtyard May through August when she knows bike parts may show up from time to time.

So the stash is at an undisclosed location? If you take somebody there do you put a bag over their head until they’re inside? 😃 Serriously tho. Where does everything go when it’s not in the garden?

I even leave my cell phone at home when I go to one of my stashes so that even Google or Zuckerberg don't know where it's at. :D :D

Queenfish will be happy to hear that compliment. Of course she absolutely hates looking down into the courtyard May through August when she knows bike parts may show up from time to time.
Up till this year I use to build in the living room my wife is extremely fussy about her space after one particular winter build off she looked at me said we're moving to the unit with a basement.

I'm sure I'm not the first to say it. But let me know if you ever want to get rid of that black one.
Looks euro motorbike.

The girder fork is from 1950s German Rixie Tandem. I got this one from @Blackout. Sorry brother, it's not for sale.

1714778174292.png

Back