Just FINISHED A New Project - '53 Schwinn. (update 06.09.07)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARRRRGh!

AWWWW its looks so nice! I was going to do brown tires on my rust color hiawatha straightbar. Its almost the same frame.... well i may have to go back to the drawing board. it does look very nice though, i love it. Its not often you get to see what you were planning on doing.

another update. The bike is about 85% complete. Its fully assembled with the exception of the seat, handlebars and tank.

Here's a picture of the tank Im making for it that was cut out of an aluminum baking pan I bought for $10. I still have half of the pan to work with, so Im going to use it for future projects.
rsz_rbb02.jpg

Here's a picture of the small rear fender I plan on using. I did some design work on it, but I'm not sure if Im completely happy with it yet. Still debating on the right color for it, or to even put it on. regardless, here's a pic of the fender how it looks now.
rsz_rbb03.jpg

and here's the bike at 85% complete I'd say. Missing the tank, seat and handlebars. Im happy with it so far. We'll see how it turns out.
rsz_rbb04.jpg

buzzy said:
is the rust color Peparica (sp?) if so that is the color of my bike too

but 2nd color is going to be mango
Thanks. The color is called "Ruddy Brown Primer" and the dark brown paint for the accents is called "Satin Espresso". These are the names given by the manufacturer. I ended up putting a matte clear on the bike and it took all and any shine away from the paint and primer. I was really happy how well the matte clear turned out.. and it serves as a protective layer.

yup

Well if i hadnt graduated from the culinary institute of america, i would tell you that that aluminum from that baking sheet wont weld to the steel on your frame, HOWEVER because i have i can tell you that that pan is stainless and youd be fine.

The bike looks great, i am still bummed that you did rust frame with brown tires first, but ill get over it. It looks great and keep up the good work.

Re: yup

theboywonder916 said:
Well if i hadnt graduated from the culinary institute of america, i would tell you that that aluminum from that baking sheet wont weld to the steel on your frame, HOWEVER because i have i can tell you that that pan is stainless and youd be fine.

The bike looks great, i am still bummed that you did rust frame with brown tires first, but ill get over it. It looks great and keep up the good work.

doh. Thanks for the info. Im gonna clamp the tank onto the frame. I do need to get a welder tho.
You should definitely still go through with your original plan for the color scheme on your bike. Id like to see the finished product.. and besides, Im not the first nor the last to use this color scheme. cheers!

AHHH

Dangit! my handle bars are flipped too!!!!!! yeah im going to go through with the color... im just too excited after seeing it on your bike. its very nice, cheers.

well about a month later and lots of work... here is my bike. The fender I was going to put on unfortunately didnt fit. The chain was hitting the fender and I would've had to cut a notch into the fender just to clear the chain. So, no fender now, but its ok... I just see it as weight reduction :p .
And now its time to ride. Hope you guys enjoyed and like.

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

That is an Absolutly Beautiful Bicycle!!!! :shock:

Besides EVERYTHING, this is what I see that I Like a lot.

..The Black Rim / Chainring Combo

..The Faux Finish Antique Patina on The Tank and
Lettering ( and very nice work matching the Mounting Clamps )

..The Brown Tires are off the Hook!!

..The Brown on Primer Color Combo is Brilliant
( incluning the Bars in this Color was a great design choice )

..And the seat and Bars angle are perfect.

Be proud my friend..you Built and incredibly Cool Bicycle!!!

peace,
Kev.

Pretty much everything that Kevin said....it is incredible. :shock: :shock: :shock:

The only part on the entire bike that seems out of place are the pedals.

I wonder if there is a way to have color matched pedals for this bike???

You have created a work of art my friend. :mrgreen:

Way to go!

Back