HiaWhatThe? might have to call her done,not sure yet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HiaWhatThe? update-(got the correct chainguard!) thanks RM!!

Road Master said:
Hi! Glad you like the chain guard - the Hiawathas, The Western Flyers and the Hawthornes all have embossed lettering with the swept back leading edge - they are all cool looking. But for some reason Cleveland Welding's Flagship Name Brand "Roadmaster" got neither the embossed lettering or the swept back leading edge - it's just squared off straight up & down with the lettering printed/painted on - go figure. I'm sure you'll do it justice and make it nice & purty. I think this style chain guard flows with the frame better. Great Job - Have Fun! Robert
I really appreciate it Road Master!!!!!!! I was unable to find one.It put my build right where I want it.

I am tossing around going to blackwalls hmmmmm--dunno??????

That chain guard matches really well with the tank (similar gills) :mrgreen:
Didn't realize I bolted the same light up as your top one :lol:
Am going to look for something a little different

Know what you mean about whitewalls
It's a stylish and classy look but it's not for every build
You've got some really stylish cues on your bike
Maybe try bolting blackwalls on from another bike just to get an idea
My white rims give a whitewall look and I don't think I like it as well

BTW: I'm so happy to here the good update about Eva :D :D

I hate to throw out every idea Ive got but man I really would like to run with these.So far Ive built this bike with existing parts,no cash spent but man,,,,these tires are sweeeeeetttt!!!

Just for the back of course,,gotta have a skinny up front!

fat ole' 24x3.45 woot! 3g- hoggy G's
24by345_size_tires.jpg

Xcruiser said:
What do you guys think--whitewall or blackwall?

I think you should buy a set of both.... Then send me the pair you don't use. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Black walls would look cool! 8)

Those are sweet 8) Blackwall.

Took the tank down to baremetal to see wich way to go with it. Im not sure if Im going to bondo it up and paint it up like new or go baremetal & paint.
Spent about an hour with an airtool whining in my ears to get one side about half polished just to get a feel for it.
I figure how well I execute the tank work will determine how good the bike will come out overall so I am really getting a headache trying to figure out wich way to go.

hiawathatank001.jpg

hiawathatank002.jpg

hiawathatank004.jpg

hiawathatank005.jpg

hiawathatank006.jpg

Re: HiaWhatThe? update-(tank work started)

Hey! This last pic above really looks HOT! The overall bare metal is taking on a life of it's own. The layed back seat fits the flow perfectly and even the color of the saddle and the red on the chain guard seem to accent the bare metal just enough. If you have some black walls laying around you could try them but I'm not sure if they wouldn't take something away from the overall metal theme you've got going. I notice a lot of guys work really hard and getting all the bare metal perfectly devoid of all dark spots but I actually think it gives the bike character much like rust (sorry - Patina) does for others. You've got some tough choices but I'm sure you will make it work. Looking forward to what's coming - great work. Robert

Road Master said:
Hey! This last pic above really looks HOT! The overall bare metal is taking on a life of it's own. The layed back seat fits the flow perfectly and even the color of the saddle and the red on the chain guard seem to accent the bare metal just enough. If you have some black walls laying around you could try them but I'm not sure if they wouldn't take something away from the overall metal theme you've got going. I notice a lot of guys work really hard and getting all the bare metal perfectly devoid of all dark spots but I actually think it gives the bike character much like rust (sorry - Patina) does for others. You've got some tough choices but I'm sure you will make it work. Looking forward to what's coming - great work. Robert
Thanks RoadMaster! Im sticking with the whitewalls for now,like you I think going with black walls might mess up the theme/looks of the bike.

Road Master said:
What are you doing up at 1:00 AM on a work night?
Ive been off work a very,very long time.My 28 year old wife was diagnosed with breast cancer that mastesized to her brain last August.Its been a long haul but she is doing well.I had to drive 60 miles one way every day for months for chemo and radiation and could not work.

Hi! I noticed you mentioned your wife in some of the other posts - sorry to hear about that. Apparently the treatment is working judging by what you said. I don't wish this on anyone but she is way too young to be suffering through this. Hope things turn out well. Take care. Robert

Lovin the bare metal look. I get so torn about paint, especially on my own build. On the one hand I love a nice paintjob, but on the other, paint can wind up making the bike feel too new, and somehow erasing the mojo that these rides have. So I still don't know if I will paint or not.

I love this build in so many ways.

I'm in agreement with everyone else. Whitewalls look great, tank in bare metal, awesome! Red on chainguard is sweet & seat is perfect. Keep up the good work! One of my favorites so far. 8)

pick said:
I'm in agreement with everyone else. Whitewalls look great, tank in bare metal, awesome! Red on chainguard is sweet & seat is perfect. Keep up the good work! One of my favorites so far. 8)
+1
If you were ever interested in how a Hoggy g looks, I could bolt mine on and snap a pic
Agree with you to stick to the WWs with your other stylish bits
You nailed the red on the chain guard and seat!
I'd love to see it on the tank similar to the guard (just my $.02)

Back