HiaWhatThe? might have to call her done,not sure yet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HiaWhatThe? update-(tank work started)

MplsCoaster said:
pick said:
I'm in agreement with everyone else. Whitewalls look great, tank in bare metal, awesome! Red on chainguard is sweet & seat is perfect. Keep up the good work! One of my favorites so far. 8)
+1
If you were ever interested in how a Hoggy g looks, I could bolt mine on and snap a pic
Agree with you to stick to the WWs with your other stylish bits
You nailed the red on the chain guard and seat!
I'd love to see it on the tank similar to the guard (just my $.02)

Cool,I thought you had a BOA-G,seeing yours sent me to 3G,s website wich I had never heard of before .The red was on the guard when I got it but it worked so Im gonna strip it and reshoot it.
Id like to see the HOggy pic for sure.But I plan on sticking with my whitewalls for the time being.

Xcruiser said:
Cool,I thought you had a BOA-G,seeing yours sent me to 3G,s website wich I had never heard of before .The red was on the guard when I got it but it worked so Im gonna strip it and reshoot it.
Id like to see the HOggy pic for sure.But I plan on sticking with my whitewalls for the time being.

You're right, I have a Boa-g on it but I also have a Hoggy-g for my yet-to-be-completed 24" Eliminator
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=51106&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=eliminator&start=30
Glad I could get the gears in your head turning :lol:
I'll get you a picture soon and your WW and guard decisions makes sense

MplsCoaster said:
Xcruiser said:

You're right, I have a Boa-g on it but I also have a Hoggy-g for my yet-to-be-completed 24" Eliminator
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=51106&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=eliminator&start=30
Glad I could get the gears in your head turning :lol:
I'll get you a picture soon and your WW and guard decisions makes sense
Thanks for the link,tire is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!Bike looks cool too,big ole 3-4" fat tires shoulda been on mucle bikes back in the day.

Tank clamped to the stand to finish the polishing on this half.
getting there!
hiawathatank002-1.jpg

Looks good bare metal!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now when ya gonna get my car pics?? 8)

Ehh..how many votes do we get?!? Ya really pushing the envelope and raising that bar! Krazy kool!! Peace

More work done on the tank.

taped and cleared outer area first.
hiawathatankpaint003.jpg

putty on to smooth out the center section.Going to leave the outer area as is.

hiawathatankpaint005.jpg

primed inner area and shot it red.It is still tacky in the photo and hasnt smoothed yet.

tankpainted002.jpg

hiawathatankpaint009.jpg

Re: HiaWhatThe? update-(tank near done)

Got the guard stripped and painted today,Ill have to re work the metal in a few areas that the stripper touched.

stripped quick and clean,wew.
hiawathatankpaint004.jpg

taped off with line lock first
hiawathatankpaint007.jpg

paint applied

hiawathatankpaint010.jpg

Re: HiaWhatThe? update-(tank & guard paint )

I am in awe of so many builder's paint skills here. Maybe that's why I have a chrome bike in the build off.
That looks sick. I love the raw and beat, but polished look of the clear coated sections. Nice touch.

Here is a few of the tank and guard zip tied on just to get the feel of it.I forgot how bright this red was.I may end up stripping them and mixing some darker red and using the gun this time.I really dont know.
hiawathatankguard001.jpg

hiawathatankguard003.jpg

Road Master said:
Hi! I hate to say it but I think you are right - a little darker red might make it all work better, but that is a lot of work. Are you going to leave the biscuit light white? I'll be back! Robert
Yeah Im on the fence about the red--cool side is its Hot Rod bright red.Yeah got plans for the delta down the road.
Luckily I could restrip the paint pretty easy since its fresh.Just not sure.

I was admiring your latest photos and thought of a couple of ideas that you are welcome use or ignore.
1- It may be cool to tie in some of the chrome and red striping detail on that white light.
2- It may be cool to paint the inside of your lake pipes with the red you use. Just a small accent touch.

Love this build man!

kingfish254 said:
I was admiring your latest photos and thought of a couple of ideas that you are welcome use or ignore.
1- It may be cool to tie in some of the chrome and red striping detail on that white light.
2- It may be cool to paint the inside of your lake pipes with the red you use. Just a small accent touch.

Love this build man!
Really like the idea of striping the light,plan was to paint it gloss black,now I think gloss black with striping maybe.

Ive thought about the pipes like you.Was thinking black but red might be real cool.

Road Master said:
Or red LEDs in the pipes

Now that's just plain SICK!

Back