HiaWhatThe? might have to call her done,not sure yet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HiaWhatThe? update-(tank & guard paint )

That bike looks fast standing still!

Counting votes on fingers again and checking my bribery notebook.

Wish I had more time on my own project. This build just gets sweeter and sweeter every time I look at the progress!! Rock It!!

Loving the bike. Just a cool design. One of the best I've see so far. The red is good and goes well with the polished metal. Obviously your call, but I like it as it sits.

tin machine said:
this is one sweet ride , you will be hard to beat :!: :!: 8)

Appreciate the support !!
I must say I think you guys are waaayy to polite!! lol

Any way I did re-spray the tank and guard with Regal red,just a few shades darker.I hope you like it.
Pics when I get back from the store in a few minutes.

Just couldnt get over the feeling I need to try a deeper red.Went to the farm store and found a 1/2 pint of Regal red.Its not much different and wasnt near as dark as the label ( as usual) but it gave me the shade and finish quality I wanted.

hiawatharepaint005.jpg

hiawatharepaint006.jpg

hiawatharepaint007.jpg

hiawatharepaint008.jpg

Re: HiaWhatThe? update-(tank & guard RE-paint )

Road Master said:
Yikes - I'm bad with colors. I can't tell the difference between the 2 pics. I saw another Hiawatha Chain Guard on ebay - don't see them very often.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cruiser ... 4d01701d6a
Yeah,its hard to tell in these pics.Its more a problem with the flourescent lights in the basement and my cheap camera.In person its deeper red and blends with the seat a little better.

I replaced the other comparison pic it shows the difference (barely).lol

Oh yeah, the red exhaust really POPS!!

Wow does this look NICE! :shock: I don't think I can top it :mrgreen: Keep up the great work :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Wow does this look NICE! :shock: I don't think I can top it :mrgreen: Keep up the great work :wink:
Once again you all are far too generous.Thanks for the support!!
I have it tore down at the moment working on small paint details.Pics soon!

Now that I have the concept for the bike pinned down Im going to start on small details to round out the bike.
Wanted to get the Delta light done first and got a cool little surprise when I opened it! I got it last month from a friend who is remodeling an old Western Auto (likely opened in the 1940's)into a restaurant.When they unbolted and moved some shelves they found bike parts underneath.Got this headlight with original papers still inside,a chainguard,some NOS axles and other tidbits.
What sucks is this old shop was full of bikes still in boxes and I missed the whole darn auction,ITS TWO BLOCKS AWAY!!!! in a town of only 4500 people.

anyway here is the light prior to paint and the cool paperwork I found inside!!Ill put the paper in a zip lock baggie and put it back in.
hiawathalight004.jpg

hiawathalight005.jpg

after paint
hiawathalight006.jpg

Painted the rear sprocket too.Just for details sake.

hiawathalight003.jpg

hiawathalight007.jpg

Re: HiaWhatThe? update-painted NOS delta light,surprise inside)

Cool surprise in the light.

I saw this bike posted and like the way the tank and light details matchup. I thought of your tank and bottom light when I saw it.
20120427_122301.jpg

This bike is one of my early favorites for sure. Love the headlight surprise! I had the same thing happen with my '63 American horn. Still has the original horn tuning instructions...

amer4.jpg

kingfish254 said:

I saw this bike posted and like the way the tank and light details matchup. I thought of your tank and bottom light when I saw it.
20120427_122301.jpg

Don't give him more ideas! He's killing it as it is, Sheesh! (Cool light)
Rg

I figure when he wins, I can say "I suggested he paint the inside of the pipes red" or "I suggested he match up his light with the tank and guard". :mrgreen:
Maybe then, he will give me one of his votes. :p

kingfish254 said:

20120427_122301.jpg

I would sell my dog for that light!!!!LOL

Yes,I owe kingfish for reinforcing the idea to paint the inside of the pipes!! But I was painting the light anyway-BAM DENIED!!! just kiddin man!!

Once again you are all far too kind in reguards to my build but I sincerely appreciate your support!!!

Back