FUNNY CONVO WITH "THAT GUY" ABOUT FORMING BIKE CREWS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SkidMark said:
CCR: I think you are looking for conflicts where they don't exist....It's not "better" but it's definitely not the same.

sorry :oops: guess i just misunderstood then, i can understand the "not the same" part when you put it like that :wink: , i just thought you were knockin the people who rode cool bikes for being cool bikes. which i see now is not the case :)

why cant wwwwe be friends why cant weee be friends. why cant wee be friends why cant weeeee be frie-ends?

ha ha

like i said, get on yo0ur bikes and ride...i say we mett somwhere central....say northern texas? where we gonna ride to?

PRAISE THE LOWERED said:
why cant wwwwe be friends why cant weee be friends. why cant wee be friends why cant weeeee be frie-ends?

ha ha

like i said, get on yo0ur bikes and ride...i say we mett somwhere central....say northern texas? where we gonna ride to?

good one dufus! hahahha now look what you started! LOL.

just woke up.....what happened, the posts are pretty heated man. Anyway just wanted to check in with the cali chapter of el kreepos. lol, Yeah, somewhere in the middle sounds good, I can drive for ten hours and still not out of texas! I have talked to my buds about a bike crew and let me tell you some are into rats and some really want an electra, but thats cool with this guy.As long as there is beer,bikes, meat of some sort and good firends and music whatever kind, I am happy. Thats what its all about to me man, I see so many people that would look cool on something rusty, but hey, I've got a place in my heart for clears, and candies to.(I am a painter after all) So what do I purpose? Lets take this rrb.com and create an umbrella crew, the mother/father crew that we are all part of dude.....who is down for it?

well, I got a good collection of cruisers, some old and ratty, some old and nice, one new and stock (+ a basket), an old steel road bike, an old steel fixed gear etc. They are all fun and serve different purposes.

So when we gonna ride? :D

If this is "heated" stay away from H.A.M.B.

It was a very minor misunderstanding, I was never at any point "angry".

hahaha, the H.A.M.B is funny sometimes, my sn is banditben on that old jalopy journal, haven't been there in awhile, just goes to show you, no matter how much fun something is, somebody always takes it to seriously. ha

I really think, with this sites permission of course that when our new shirts are shipped out, we should do a sort of patch system on the sleeves to show our city and state and club? all under the umbrella of rrb.com what do ya think?

benz said:
I really think, with this sites permission of course that when our new shirts are shipped out, we should do a sort of patch system on the sleeves to show our city and state and club? all under the umbrella of rrb.com what do ya think?
I like that idea.

Getting this thread back up again. I talked with a buddy of mine and tossed around a few ideas about a bike club and he is going to sign up on the rrb.com, so he can get in on the action. Maybe we can even do like a nationwide rat rod bike ride. You know where on the same day all around the nation and dare I say world we all go out for a ride with fellow rats? that'll show that hater in the op what crews really are about dude.

Once I was at my local bicycle shop and they were talking about another customers definition of what a cyclist was. Spandex, how many gears, heart rate/rpm/mile gauge, non metal frame and your not a cyclist unless you spend this much on your bicycle. This was when I was riding my free 1984 Centurion with $1000 worth of modifications put into. Always trying to make it go faster downhill or a smoother, easier ride up hill or thinner tires for more coasting time. I was always picking the brains of my mechanics brains for better riding ideas, while this other person would come in and hear about such item that would shave off so many grams off his bicycle.
So, I asked if I was a cyclist because of the amount of riding I did. They said "not by his definition." So next time I came in on this bicycle and said "now am I a cyclist?"
IMG_0138.jpg

I would like to make a riding group up here in this area. All types of bicycles would be invited .

During the spring there is an event called the "Bridge Street Run" that is another name for pub crawl. It is the last weekend before finals. Owsego, New York is a college town with many, many bars. You are all welcome to bring your crews up here to watch, ride and help drink. Once the date is found out, I will put a notice in events.

you could have an international rat rod ride
might have to have some riders there in spirit if not in body
(not that their dead or anything, just too far away!)
its a cool idea, i lke it when loadsa mates get together for a ride
you usually end up with one good story, or laughing so much your ribs hurt

hey lowered, didn't mean to hijack the thread man, all of this talk really got me to thinking about what having a bike and friends really meant. Gears and spandex, sure, knobby tires and ful suspension, sure, chrome and candy, yup, rust and patina? definitado, man everything. Come to thinik of it, I like anythin with wheels man, why discriminate?
I like this International ride day idea. From england, melbourne, nyc, tx, cali, and everywhere else, lets pick a good date in spring or summer and get the word out.

Back